Legacy
05-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Lambs wool with soap and a grout sponge with ONR>

WMD-DFW
05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Grout Sponge at a 1.35 I just replace them pretty much with every car

a.k.a. Patrick
05-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Im a diehard Sheepskin addict, for everything....

wytstang
05-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Lambs wool user here as well.

BigAl3
05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
lowes proline GS or sm arnold thumbless sheepskin mitt...

JohnKleven
05-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I really like the Zymol sponge. It absorbs an incredible amount of water, but must be cleaned immediately after washing.

John

efnfast
05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
none - i`ve found wash mitts to be, generally, POSs.

The best, for ONR and my technique, is a purple cobra jr microfiber towel, from auto geek, cut into 2 sections.

towel > mitt for washing

Accumulator
05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
I use BHBs for the initial passes (used in conjunction with a foamgun).

Then sheepskin/wool or MF depending on different factors. I use mitts *filled with wash solution and held shut at the cuff*; I never wear them on my hands.

Whatever you use, I`d sure CD-test it both before the first use and at regular intervals thereafter.

Sponge users might also consider sea sponges, but you gotta make sure there`s no sandy grit in them (easier than one might think to take care of that though).

blackrex
05-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Big fan of sea sponge, last a long time and doesn`t retain any dirt or grease. But is so light on the paint that I sometimes need to go over areas with bugs or other contaminants with sheepskin to remove them.

Accumulator
05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Big fan of sea sponge, last a long time and doesn`t retain any dirt or grease. But is so light on the paint that I sometimes need to go over areas with bugs or other contaminants with sheepskin to remove them.

Yeah, same with the BHBs.. I figure that step is just "getting the big stuff off".

DRT
05-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Pardon my ignorance Accumulator, but by BHBs do you mean boars hair brush?

Accumulator
05-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Pardon my ignorance Accumulator, but by BHBs do you mean boars hair brush?

Yeah, that`s right.

DRT
05-26-2010, 11:46 AM
So you actually wash your paint with a bhb and it doesnt mar? Not saying I dont believe you, I just dont think i`ve ever known anyone to do that.

Accumulator
05-26-2010, 12:04 PM
So you actually wash your paint with a bhb and it doesnt mar? Not saying I dont believe you, I just dont think i`ve ever known anyone to do that.

Sure, been using BHBs for decades and I wouldn`t do it if it meant I had to polish every year. The BHB is so gentle it often "doesn`t even hurt the dirt" all that much (see above post about needing a mitt follow-up).

Gotta use the right BHB of course (CD-test, etc. and see my thread comparing BHBs- just search on threads that I`ve originated and you`ll find it), andyou gotta use it correctly.

But again, I use it in conjunction with constant output from the foamgun. That "use it correctly" is critical.