PDA

View Full Version : Better smelling interior protectant

Pages : [1] 2 3

Labster
05-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Just completed an X5 on saturday for a very particular customer. Great guy but I dressed the inside with 303 Protectant after using Leatherique and he was complaining about the musty smell that was left behind. I have to go back and detail his wife`s Mini S in a couple of weeks and I wanted to take care of the smell with a different product. What do you suggest? I know I could go the route of Woolite 10:1 but I thought I`d ask what everyone else was using.

AllWashedUp07
05-25-2010, 11:04 AM
I get many compliments with Optimum Protectant Plus, is has a coconut like smell.

Roger Koh
05-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Just completed an X5 on saturday for a very particular customer. Great guy but I dressed the inside with 303 Protectant after using Leatherique and he was complaining about the musty smell that was left behind.

“Musty Smell” may suggest the off-gassing of mold activities.

A pH 3.6 leather-safe non-phenol fungicide may disinfect and control the musty odor.

Thereafter, it can be further mask with the unforgettable luxurious classical leather scent that charms.

Roger Koh

Leather Doctor

Dan
05-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I get many compliments with Optimum Protectant Plus, is has a coconut like smell.

You must have the old one, the new one REEKS like fake leather. Great stuff, just hate the smell. I agree 303 smells bad. #40 is right up there too.

AllWashedUp07
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM
You must have the old one, the new one REEKS like fake leather. Great stuff, just hate the smell. I agree 303 smells bad. #40 is right up there too.

ugh it is older, ordered 2 gallons last year, down to a quart and need more. I will be very disappointed if they messed with it :(

Mindflux
05-25-2010, 12:34 PM

Interesting, mine is the old formula and it smells kind of lemony-esque to me.

AeroCleanse
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
The 1z-einszett products smell great. Cockpit Premium smells great. Haven`t used their leather care product yet.

RaskyR1
05-25-2010, 01:10 PM
The 1z-einszett products smell great. Cockpit Premium smells great. Haven`t used their leather care product yet.

+1

Not a fan of dressings and 1Z is pretty much all I use now unless major cleaning is needed. 303 adds too much gloss for my taste.

Kean
05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
....I agree with Aero and Rasky. I love the fresh smell of 1ZCP. It is what I generally use for wiping down the interiors of my own vehicles. Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer is also quite similar and (while I don’t think it smells as good) it has a pleasant scent. The newest version of Meg QID also claims it has UV protection which I still have yet to find proof of in 1ZCP. Either way, I never did like dressings on interior bits so these types of products are all typically all I use to maintain a true “OEM finish”.

Autogeek
05-25-2010, 02:02 PM
1Z does smell nice. I`m surprised yakky doesn`t like the smell of Optimum Protectant. I love it myself...

DRT
05-25-2010, 02:06 PM
I like 303 as well, but I agree the smell isnt so great. Megs natural shine is my next favorite dressing, I think it smells pretty good.

WMD-DFW
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Hyperdresing smells like grapes

nosbusa1700
05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I`ve read that DP Interior Surface Protectant has a pleasant banana fragrance. You might try it.

Matt@Autogeek, have you tried the DP Interior product?

If so how did you like it? I`ve been thinking about buying it, but haven`t pulled the trigger just yet.

Autogeek
05-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Yes, it leaves a very matte finish and a nice subtle banana scent. Definitely worth a shot if you`re not a fan of shiny interior dressings.

GatorJ
05-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Lexol Vinylex.