PDA

View Full Version : Note of Thanks for your info!

Hippo
05-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Awesome site you guys have here!

I have a white 1996 Ford Taurus that I bought last September, has 60k miles on it and runs like a top. It has spent most of its life in a garage, but I have to keep it outside. My biggest fear is that it will absorb a few drops of water one day and turn into a pile of rust in my driveway.

Yesterday was a beautiful day so I used a Meguiar`s clay bar on it and finished it up with the little bottle of cleaner wax that came in the kit. I had the kit in garage or I wouldn`t have bothered with the clay. Today, I visited this site looking for the most durable wax I could find, and learned about Collinite 845.

Wow, I am so impressed with the 845! I am by no means a professional detailer and have never used anything but Meguiars, Turtle Wax, etc. But I can honestly say, that I have never had a shine on one of my cars better than this. It feels so slick and smooth too. Hopefully, I`ll have time to get another coat on this week.

I had never heard of Collinite before I read about it in these forums today, and I came here looking for a wax with great durabillity, the nice shine is just a bonus, but what a nice bonus! Found the 845 at a local Car Quest for $12 and some change.

Thanks folks, you really are doing a great service here! I appriciate it. :thx

H

ntwrkguy1
05-24-2010, 07:22 PM
What we didn`t tell you, Hippo, was that this is only the beginning -- soon you will try virtually every product in the Collinite lineup, then move on to the rest of the products from Auto Glym to Zaino!

Seriously though, glad you got your `96 looking good. White is a great color, and the 845 will keep it looking fresh!

imported_sblue
05-24-2010, 10:55 PM
What we didn`t tell you, Hippo, was that this is only the beginning -- soon you will try virtually every product in the Collinite lineup, then move on to the rest of the products from Auto Glym to Zaino!

Seriously though, glad you got your `96 looking good. White is a great color, and the 845 will keep it looking fresh!

Yup,:LOLOL It get`s addicting!

Hippo
05-25-2010, 05:44 AM

Oh wonderful, I`ll end up with more money in wax than I spent for the car. ;)

Nagz
05-25-2010, 06:56 AM

just wait until you get hooked on sealants :cool:

bwalker25
05-25-2010, 07:01 AM

yup you sure will! My wife has a green 96 taurus, its a good car. IW845 is also a great choice for the protection of the paint on that car as well.

Check out some of the paint sealants, Autogeek has samples available for sale.

Car Care Samples (http://www.autogeek.net/car-care-samples.html)

I`d get a sample of the paint sealant Wolfgang 3.0, its super slick and goes on and comes off real nice.

Best of luck with the car and welcome to your new addiction!:welcome

Accumulator
05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Hippo- Welcome to Autopia! Glad to hear things went so well. In the future, you might try using the cleaner-wax first when you notice the finish getting a bit "off", and then topping it with the Collinite. That approach is simple, easy, and works well. Sometimes white just needs a bit of cleaning to look its best, and the cleaner-wax is an inexpensive way to do that.

You can always take this stuff as far over-the-top as you want, but the clay/cleaner-wax/845 approach is pretty good.