PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Factories - Ferarri and Rolls Royce

muscleknight
05-22-2010, 06:30 PM
NGC had ultimate factories on today. Two were Ferarri and Rolls Royce. They said that those 2 took great pride in the mirror finish on their cars. Doesn`t seem to be true by some of the paint corrections I`ve seen posted on this site.

JohnKleven
05-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Haha, that`s for sure.

longdx
05-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I think unfortunately, due to newer low VOC compliant paint techniques, most new paint processes have a great bit of orange peel. I did not see the show on RR, but the Ferrari factory was pretty incredible.

fergnation
05-22-2010, 09:09 PM
I watched the whole series. There are some incredible factories out there.

I can tell you first hand that I was around to see the second RR Drophead Coupe delivered in the continental USA. It came with an abundance of swirls.

The Lambo factory was cool and actually got to watch the Bugatti and Audi R8 factories the other night. The Bugatti factory is amazing considering it is just a room. With having the pleasure of driving and being a certain Veyron on a consistent basis, it was really cool to see one built. They are worth every penny even though my calculator doesn`t have enough digits to show how many pennies it would cost.

Then came the Camaro factory that was in Canada. Human hands never touch the car. All the other cars are hand built and the Camaro is the exact opposite.

MrCLRider
05-23-2010, 08:30 AM
The UF about Lexus was amazing. Thier Rx350 suv that the show was about(I think that was the model) went through a 14 hour automated paint process, it was quite amazing!