PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong of me to...

Amnesty
01-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Is it wrong of me to want to put a car cover on my car at school?

CBlakeNS
01-15-2006, 12:36 AM

A little over the top, I dont think it would be nessasary!!

Whats your opinion though?

joyriide1113
01-15-2006, 12:38 AM
it would raw too much attention to it, therefor, vandalism would be a factor...

Amnesty
01-15-2006, 12:42 AM
exactly why i don`t do it.

I dunno, i just don`t want anyone to toush/brush against my freshly detailed car. It`s annoying to always find new sctraches form bookbags or fingerprints. Hell, i`ve even had some chick use my car as a mirror (she was hot and never toushed the car, so that was nice)

glen22
01-15-2006, 05:53 AM
exactly why i don`t do it.

I dunno, i just don`t want anyone to toush/brush against my freshly detailed car. It`s annoying to always find new sctraches form bookbags or fingerprints. Hell, i`ve even had some chick use my car as a mirror (she was hot and never toushed the car, so that was nice)
Sorry to say but I think this is one of those things in life you just have to deal with.. no cover

Don
01-15-2006, 06:10 AM

Not to mention that the car will have road dust, etc all over it and putting the cover on & taking it off could scratch the paint too.

Brenton
01-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Put that cover on from the commercial that looks exactly like a junky car.

cwcad
01-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Put that cover on from the commercial that looks exactly like a junky car.

Ya! that is it! Don`t know how you would do that but that would work.

Other than that I think eventually it would put more scratches on than the paint than actual protection from bookbags, finger prints, and good looking girls.

tubafeak
01-15-2006, 08:32 AM
You`re probably just going to want to bear the scratches and keep your finish so shiny that all the beautiful girls use it as a mirror, then you really won`t care about a few scuffs, at least temporarily.

Djmigs
01-15-2006, 09:03 PM
just buy a junker car for school and on the weekends use you nice detailed car...

also take a pic of you detailed car and inlarge/print it so you can insert it in the front sleeve or your binder....

by the way hold off on the car cover it attracts attention plus if people find out you value that car so much they will hurt it to get to you...

CBlakeNS
01-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Just park far away from people or double park, thats what I do...no problems.

Then again I go to a private school with not as many people as public.

C. Charles Hahn
01-15-2006, 10:26 PM

So I take it you WANT dents, dings, and broken windows? I saw a car with a cover on it in the parking ramp at my college once. In the morning it was intact, when I came back there were a bunch of marks all over the car cover that didn`t look right -- so I went and let public safety know. When they pulled the cover, they found this guy`s T/A with dents all over the body, and all the glass shattered. :mad: