PDA

View Full Version : What kind of polishing pads do you prefer?

Pages : [1] 2

dmw2692004
05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
It’s time for me to start looking at getting some new pads. Currently I have all LC CCS foam pads that are starting to show sings of wear and tear, also the “curved” design makes it really difficult to polish sometimes, especially since only the center of the curve actually touches the paint. I also have the LC foam 3.5” pads that are fine, but I am mainly looking to get new 5.5"-6.5” pads. So I thought that it would be a good idea to make a thread out of it..

What kind of pads do you guys prefer(wool and foam)?

porta
05-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Buff and shine pads are great.

flat foam pads, flat foam buffing pads, car polishing foam flat pads, DA foam 5.5" pads, flex foam pads, pc foam pads, megs g110 flat foam pads, 5.5" detailing foam pads (http://www.buffandshine.com/flat-foam-pads-p-323-l-en.html)

http://www.buffandshine.com/center-ring-reticulated-polyester-foam-pads-p-348-l-en.htmlrl]

JohnKleven
05-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I use the curved CCS pads also, and love them.

John

vtec92civic
05-22-2010, 12:30 AM
lc ccs i have and hate. no longer use them.

i rock detailer domains uber pads they are sweet..

snoboarder8232
05-22-2010, 01:59 AM
CCS pads suck IMO. Listen to vtec. I`ll be trying those pads after my CCS pads are worn out (probably after their second use), already had one separate from the velcrow(sp?) after polishing half of my civic.

getcha
05-22-2010, 02:59 AM
LC Flat pads are sick. They have about 1/2 inch more foam, have a very slight bevel unlike the ubers(buffandshine relable) so they dont grab from the edge getting sucked under and seem to run a bit cooler compared to other flat pads.

Orange white and black will get you through anything

WMD-DFW
05-22-2010, 03:59 AM
I use CCS, Hydrotechs, SurBuf, and the Kompressor pads. Some of you guys need to stop treating foam pads like you have to press down on them with the power of thor in order to do correction and your pads would most likley last alot longer

SlantS
05-22-2010, 07:36 AM
I usually use large wool polishing pads. They really do more work in less time. Just as long as the vehicle has a hard clearcoat.

M Gray
05-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I use Hex-Logic pads that I get through Chemical Guys. They do not have the curve like you are talking about. They seem to be similar to whatever Adam`s Polishes offers. I have never used LC, so I do not have a comparison. Just thought I would represent the Hex-Logic Pads.

dmw2692004
05-22-2010, 11:23 AM
I use CCS, Hydrotechs, SurBuf, and the Kompressor pads. Some of you guys need to stop treating foam pads like you have to press down on them with the power of thor in order to do correction and your pads would most likley last alot longer

IMO the CCS pads are no good for me anymore. There just isn’t enough pad-surface area contact with them, and I can’t cover a decent amount of space because of this. I keep having to overlap my polishing sections by halves(if that makes any sense) to ensure that I get proper coverage. Even then, the pad gives the illusion that you are polishing the areas at the very edge of the pad, when really, I am just polishing with the very center. It’s no good, especially on harder clears. The only real option there is to use an ungodly amount of pressure to flatten out the pad, which sometimes results in holograms/buffer trails. I’ve only heard good things about the SurBuf and Hydrotech pads, so I may be getting a few sets of those.

I usually use large wool polishing pads. They really do more work in less time. Just as long as the vehicle has a hard clearcoat.

Which wool pads do you use? I work a lot on dealer vette’s that have trashed paint, so I need some wool pads that can cut really quickly.

I use Hex-Logic pads that I get through Chemical Guys. They do not have the curve like you are talking about. They seem to be similar to whatever Adam`s Polishes offers. I have never used LC, so I do not have a comparison. Just thought I would represent the Hex-Logic Pads.

Never heard of the Hex-Logic pads. I’m interested in a comparison if someone can chime in. I’ll have to look into them.

porta
05-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Never heard of the Hex-Logic pads. I’m interested in a comparison if someone can chime in. I’ll have to look into them.

Here is the original, since buff and shine makes them for all other companies.

Buff and Shine (http://www.buffandshine.com/center-ring-reticulated-polyester-foam-pads-p-348-l-en.html)

WMD-DFW
05-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Also what backing plate are you using with your pads never had the curved issue with my ccs pads

a.k.a. Patrick
05-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Ive totally switched over to Buff and Shine now.......I still have some LC Flats, but anything new I use is a B&S.....

snoboarder8232
05-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Also, my CCS pads are very poorly cut. Half of them aren`t even flat. They`re cut at an angle to the Velcro!

porta
05-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Ive totally switched over to Buff and Shine now.......I still have some LC Flats, but anything new I use is a B&S.....

Patrick, wich ones are you using?