PDA

View Full Version : Wow! "Do Not Wash" taken seriously

Pages : [1] 2

Hey, Moe!
05-19-2010, 10:18 PM
As I drove to visit family in Northern Virginia last weekend, the TPMS light in my BMW 128 flashed while I was 50 miles from destination. I got to a gas station quickly, but upon filling the offending tire, it would not hold air, not at all. A goner.

So, I called BMW of Fairfax VA, and limped there on the run-flat. They did not have the stock Pirelli run-flat in stock, but they were happy to order one, and get me going ASAP. No problem for me to hang with family for an extra day or two.

The service manager who took care of me asked me if I wanted them to wash the car, and I replied, "No, thank you. I like to wash it."

When I picked up the car, it hadn`t been washed, and there was a large sign on the dash, visible to all, proclaiming, "DO NOT WASH."

Is someone getting this right, after all?

willtothewong
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
that`s a good thing right?! haha

vtec92civic
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
well it`s about time LoL.

Hey, Moe!
05-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes, I kept the sign, and have it taped to my fridge (no worries, I`m alone, no wife to complain about it, and my kids will understand when they see it). I consider it to be a trophy!

vtec92civic
05-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Sweeeeeet!

imported_advs1
05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
LOL thats awesome. one of my customers made a sign and had it laminated. it reads: "please do not wash this car", so what do you think happened when he took it to the lexus dealer for service??

wicho661
05-19-2010, 11:24 PM
LOL thats awesome. one of my customers made a sign and had it laminated. it reads: "please do not wash this car", so what do you think happened when he took it to the lexus dealer for service??

They didnt wash it?

eyezack87
05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
I make one in the shape of my dash that covers the speedo and whatnot. They have to look at the mileage at every service so its quite hard to say they didn`t "see" it :lol

2005GTPinMD
05-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Finally someone did it right. When my wife`s car was in for service, they put bilingual no wash signs in the car!

Mindflux
05-20-2010, 06:26 AM
my dealer is good about it if they remember to put a `do not wash` tag in the car. otherwise it`s swirl time.

Boston Man
05-20-2010, 07:54 AM
When I took my car to the dealer, the Service MANAGER wrote "DO NOT WASH" on the work order but they still washed it.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-20-2010, 08:00 AM
I have a laminated "do not wash" sign I use on my vehicle...

It just occured to me :think2 to make more of these with my logo and give it to customers post detail

MAXSE2kMT
05-20-2010, 08:35 AM
I wish this was the case at all dealerships! My friend brought his BMW to get serviced after we spent 12+ hours cdetailing it up to probably 90% corrected. He specifically told them not to wash it and sure enough they washed it and swirled the HOLY HECK out of it! Then had the audacity to say I used fillers because they couldn`t put that many swirls in with just one wash. I explained that they are full of it because I always do IPA wipe downs and they just ignored my friend`s angry requests to pay for it. He should have never let them get away with it. It still frustrates me to think about it.

Thomas Dekany
05-20-2010, 09:10 AM
As I drove to visit family in Northern Virginia last weekend, the TPMS light in my BMW 128 flashed while I was 50 miles from destination. I got to a gas station quickly, but upon filling the offending tire, it would not hold air, not at all. A goner.

So, I called BMW of Fairfax VA, and limped there on the run-flat. They did not have the stock Pirelli run-flat in stock, but they were happy to order one, and get me going ASAP. No problem for me to hang with family for an extra day or two.

The service manager who took care of me asked me if I wanted them to wash the car, and I replied, "No, thank you. I like to wash it."

When I picked up the car, it hadn`t been washed, and there was a large sign on the dash, visible to all, proclaiming, "DO NOT WASH."

Is someone getting this right, after all?

I collected pretty nice size checks from them in the past for fixing the damages their "washing" caused. I doubt that their technique has improved at all and they still swirl up most of the cars.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AZN_C300
05-20-2010, 10:56 AM
This is similar to the two Mercedes dealerships I go to. They ask if I want it washed and I tell them no, so they stick this 8x11 laminated sign saying "DO NOT WASH" on the front dash. It`s great when instructions are followed lol.