PDA

View Full Version : Trimonex for Plastic

Beemerboy
01-14-2006, 01:46 PM
I was looking for a product that I could use on Sentra that has plastic bumpers that have faded over time, the back one has water marks from years of water channeling over it....I asked here at DC and Charles sent me this link....I got he product today and was really impressed with the knowledge of the staff while ordering and they got it to me in three days.

The guy told me that you can change the color of the plastic if you want...for me I just wanted a uniform color....You get four bottles in the kit, cleaner, prep agent, dye and clear coat, two foam paint brushes and four sponges...I`m going to be using this tomorrow (Sunday) and will be taking before and after pics the best I can...I thought to list the link here so that anyone with similar problems can read up or buy it for your cars....I`ll be writing a review after I get this done....Thanks Again Charles your an ACE!

http://www.trimonex.com/page2.html

Brenton
01-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I wonder how long it lasts. It looks just like a dressing or Trim Restorer.

DetailQueen
01-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Look like its along the lines of Forever Black

Bill D
01-14-2006, 03:10 PM
It seems to be more of a semi permanent coating than a dressing. It`s along the lines of a similar kit Valugard sells. I`d be interested in seeing how long the gloss will last by applying the clear Trimonex to wheel wells. I`ll probably give that a try one day when my current product is gone.

SVR
01-25-2006, 09:20 PM
If it`s like forever black, I don`t want it.
That stuff doesn`t do crap, including their tire gel

Are there any permanent black trim shields that can be used over a rubber cleaned with VM, autoglym and sonus gel

RandyW
01-28-2006, 05:50 PM
im not sure about the fade one but i normally use mothers back to black on all my outside trim which does a great job of keeping them that way. my neighbor brought a brand new expo the same time as me and if you park our expo next to each other their trim is very badly fade almost resembles the watermark on a $20. and besides when it rains (yeah cant wait for that here in cathedral city, ca) or when i wash it the trim panel water just beads off. give it a try.

Detail_Geek
01-28-2006, 11:11 PM
dont get it.. I bought it & its not what everyone expected. :dontgetit

vcallaway
02-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Did you ever get in the Trimonex?

Beemerboy
02-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Did you ever get in the Trimonex?

Yes I did and have not used it yet, and looks like I`m gonig to be selling the car so I might not get the chance to...at least on this car