PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Mirror Glaze #1 Medium Cut Cleaner

Biggestmexi
05-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Can you use it with a PC?

I know it says Rotary Only but i was just wondering if anyone used it with a PC or the ilk.

It says it has diminishing compunds. So I am just asking.

I do have the fine cut cleaner, that is Orbital Friendly though.

and a polish.

Accumulator
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Can you use it with a PC?

I know it says Rotary Only but i was just wondering if anyone used it with a PC or the ilk.

It says it has diminishing compunds. So I am just asking.

I do have the fine cut cleaner, that is Orbital Friendly though.

and a polish.

I wouldn`t use #1 via PC, but then I wouldn`t use it anyhow these days (now that there are better choices available).

The problem with using #1 via PC is that the initial bite from the abrasives might instill not-so-micro marring/hazing that won`t get polished away as the abrasives do, imperfectly, break down (to the extent that they will via PC).

You could be left with hazing that`ll be a *real* problem to correct.

Biggestmexi
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I wouldn`t use #1 via PC, but then I wouldn`t use it anyhow these days (now that there are better choices available).

The problem with using #1 via PC is that the initial bite from the abrasives might instill not-so-micro marring/hazing that won`t get polished away as the abrasives do, imperfectly, break down (to the extent that they will via PC).

You could be left with hazing that`ll be a *real* problem to correct.

thanks.

its just that i had it around, so i figured i would ask before i got rid of it.

Accumulator
05-20-2010, 10:30 AM
.. i figured i would ask before i got rid of it.

You might hold on to it in case you get some odd situation where it`d be the right product. Via rotary, it could do some serious work on single stage, and I bet it has some pretty potent chemical cleaners (the old Mirror Glaze "cleaners" often did to cut oxidation on single stage).

bill57
05-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Don`t get rid of anything. It only takes a few inches on the shelf, and might be just the product you need some day!

Accumulator
05-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Don`t get rid of anything. It only takes a few inches on the shelf, and might be just the product you need some day!

That`s the way I view it. But then I`m up to my neck in a ton of, well, you name it :o

ntwrkguy1
05-22-2010, 09:13 AM

I used to feel the same way, but often the advancements that are made are significant enough to simply leave the old product behind -- or even drop it in the trash can.

I equate this to a 56k modem vs. a cable modem. Sure, they both do the same thing, but at significantly different performance levels. As much as I have liked using Medium and Fine Cut in the past, the new products on the shelf are simply better IMHO.