PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Sealer`s/ Door Jam Sealer`s

1320Str8_liner
05-18-2010, 08:07 PM
What do you guys recommend for wheels and door jams, do you use the same products as you use on the rest of the vehicle, if not, what do you recommend?

craigdt
05-18-2010, 09:27 PM
I find it easiest to use either a WOWO such as Aquawax, or an WOWA like UPGP

imported_hockeyplaya13
05-18-2010, 11:26 PM
I just did mine today. I usually use KAIO for that.

Passrat
05-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Several coats of Klasse SG works great for wheels. Lasts a long long time on mine.

ntwrkguy1
05-19-2010, 04:52 AM
Several coats of Klasse SG works great for wheels. Lasts a long long time on mine.

+1 on this. I`ve used SG for years on my wheels, and they only require soap and water to clean.

imported_sal329
05-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Fk1000p or dg501 for wheels, dg AW or OCW for door jambs

imported_hockeyplaya13
05-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Woops, didn`t see the part about wheels. I use KAIO for door jambs, and either Poorboys Wheel Sealant on wheels or Collinite 845. I`m actually doing a comparison of the two right now to see which one lasts longer. I applied 845 to the right two wheels, and PB Wheel Sealant to the left two. As of washing yesterday, they both cleaned up easily with just soap and water. My main concern is durability, so I`ll be keeping an eye on that over the coming weeks and will most likely post a review. Only noticeable difference so far is that 845 beads up on the wheels quickly, whereas the Wheel Sealant sheets off.

1320Str8_liner
05-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Woops, didn`t see the part about wheels. I use KAIO for door jambs, and either Poorboys Wheel Sealant on wheels or Collinite 845. I`m actually doing a comparison of the two right now to see which one lasts longer. I applied 845 to the right two wheels, and PB Wheel Sealant to the left two. As of washing yesterday, they both cleaned up easily with just soap and water. My main concern is durability, so I`ll be keeping an eye on that over the coming weeks and will most likely post a review. Only noticeable difference so far is that 845 beads up on the wheels quickly, whereas the Wheel Sealant sheets off.

Do you wax front & back or just the front part of the rims? I will try the 845, cause thats what I will be using on the rest of the vehicle.. thanks

imported_hockeyplaya13
05-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Do you wax front & back or just the front part of the rims? I will try the 845, cause thats what I will be using on the rest of the vehicle.. thanks

Well mine don`t exactly have barrels. I have a truck. I just wax the front/faces. But most people wax the back and the barrels I believe. I would.

Accumulator
05-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Wheels- KSG or FK1000P, many layers/applications. I`ll sometimes use Collinite for the MPV`s winter wheels.

Door jambs/etc.- Whatever`s on the rest of the vehicle, and only after a good polishing to smooth the often-rough paint in those areas. Basically, it`s the same treatment as the rest of the paint escept that it`s mostly done by hand instead of by machine.

SlantS
05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Use a good polish & wax (combination) by hand on the door jambs. I find that door jambs are usually one of the worst parts of the car.

A quick polish after cleaning always yields amazing results. Then the wax will keep the dirt / dust off.

jono20
05-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I`d maybe even recommend a polish with sealant instead, that way you don`t have to do it so often :P Poorboy`s PwS is great.