PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel + 303 Wiper Treatment

shadow85
05-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Anyone know if this would cause problems?

steelwind101
05-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I think this was asked the other day in another thread?

I have used this combo for a long time, it seems fine. Great beading and excellent cleaning.

303 wont harm your LSP (much) i believe, i dont believe it harms Aquapel either.

shadow85
05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I think this was asked the other day in another thread?

I have used this combo for a long time, it seems fine. Great beading and excellent cleaning.

303 wont harm your LSP (much) i believe, i dont believe it harms Aquapel either.

The other thread is about the "tablet" for wash fluid. I am talking about the treatment you use on the wiper blades themselves.

303 Products, Inc.: 303 Windshield Wiper Treatment (http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/72/303-wiper-treatment.cfm)

steelwind101
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh sorry! I bought those too and they work very well at keeping your blades supple and quiet.

I think what the benefits are depends on where you live, out in Idaho and SLC where i have a car and visit often i find the cold weather can just about kill a set of wiper blades a year. However, the wipes do help in the summer.

In the UK where its rains alot and we use the wipers alot they are essential.

Basically what you get inside a foil packet is a small, moist spounge. You drag it across the wipers and it cleans them off and leaves them with a conditioner on them. Dont place the blade against the glass for a few mins so you can allow it to penetrate.

Before buying the wipes i used to dip an MF cloth in the car shampoo solution and then use that that to clean the wiper blade. Which did a similar job, but i found that doing it often could tear the wiper blade sooner.

Some people said try applying Autoglym Bumper care to the wiper blade as a conditioner but i found it messy. Hard to buff off the excess and when it rained you got smears for the first 10 mins or so.

The Wiper treatments are a little treat if you can afford it, and if not you can always give the blades a wipe with an MF when you wash. Though, i would pass on applying and kind of rubber protectant to them.

Geoff

bcwang
06-08-2010, 10:34 PM
This is just the combo i did over the weekend. Unfortunately, with a clean and dry windshield, I accidently bumped the wiper stalk while taking apart my dash console. Next time I started the car I did a dry wipe of 303 treated wipers across the aquapel treated windshield. It was a smooth wipe but left a slight smear of 303 across the windshield. I had to use invisible glass to clean off that residue. But at least it was a squeak and chatter free wipe!

I think if it`s used in the rain or with washer fluid it`ll work out great. I put the 303 on so the wipers can survive the summer sun, and the aquapel should make bugs easier to clean off. There won`t be much rain for a few months here.

shadow85
06-09-2010, 08:49 AM
This is just the combo i did over the weekend. Unfortunately, with a clean and dry windshield, I accidently bumped the wiper stalk while taking apart my dash console. Next time I started the car I did a dry wipe of 303 treated wipers across the aquapel treated windshield. It was a smooth wipe but left a slight smear of 303 across the windshield. I had to use invisible glass to clean off that residue. But at least it was a squeak and chatter free wipe!

I think if it`s used in the rain or with washer fluid it`ll work out great. I put the 303 on so the wipers can survive the summer sun, and the aquapel should make bugs easier to clean off. There won`t be much rain for a few months here.

So you are saying the combo does work for you. As long as you let the 303 dry (like steelwind mentioned), then there wont be smearing?

bcwang
06-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes, it`ll work. I didn`t buff off 303 after letting it dry, which is recommended. I didn`t plan on using my wiper so I just left it on as I had nothing to buff off with. I think if you are actually using your wipers with water from rain or windshield washer fluid, even the slight smearing I saw would be non-existent.