PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Question, Reviews

mattmoo
05-17-2010, 05:06 PM
I`m new to high quality detailing. I want to thank the forum members for all the great information. I really did a lot of reading before I bought my supplies.

Now, I did have a problem. Water spots. I tried like a madman to get rid of them, but I could not. I have to think the dealership may have left my new car out in the rain for 1-3 months.

So now I`ve done a clay, and a "polish" with Blackfire polish, and one coat of Blackfire Polymer finish.

The car looks great, but I stopped after one coat as I`m concerned that I have to go back and get these waterspots out of the finish and repeat the process.

Should I buy a Porter Cable 7424 with the Pinnacle "Twins" the swirl remove and polish, and remove it all and get rid these spots and start again? I am concerned if I leave these spots under the polymer finish, they will continue to destroy the paint.

Please give some tips or suggestions.

I like the Blackfire polymer. Great stuff and easy to work with. The Blackfire polish does not appear to do too much, but maybe I`m just not seeing it.

Thanks

matt

Dubbin1
05-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Blackfire is a finishing polish so I wouldn`t expect too much from it as far as correction goes. Megs M105/M205 is a tried and true combo at removing flaws.