PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

Mudd92
05-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Im not professional detailer, but I do try to buy decent quality products, not just Autozone and Walmart, and I enjoy spending a few hours detailing.

Anyways, im looking for some advice on my car to keep the paint in as good of quality as it is now.

I have a 03 mach, azure blue, and it has to spend its life outdoors, all elements, sun, rain, everything. I DO have a carcover, but i end up not using it because I like to drive my car alot, and after a few hours driving its dirty and I hate to drag something across the paint, because now it has fine scratches from the past doing that...

Can you guys tell me how to keep it best protected? Heres what I do as of now. And I do have A PC buffer.

I wash it once a week, vac interior, apply 303 aerospace all over the plastics, and usually a wipe down of the seats (please recommend a leather cleaner and protectant)

Once a month I wax it, which right now, im using the Meguires wax, sometime I use the cleaner wax.

Generally will clay every 6 months..

Im sorry for a long thread, but im looking for advice to keep my car in great shape without a garage, but I dont want to spend 1000$ on detail supplys because I dont think I need that.

And im also looking to remove the swirl marks and fine scratches....thanks everyone

and I was looking at the wolfgang swirl remover kit autogeek offers...any advice on that would be awsome.

Thanks again everyone, Joey

Mudd92
05-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Bump :werd:

Dubbin1
05-17-2010, 08:13 PM
The wolfgang kit or the Megs M105/M205 kit would work just fine.