PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots

riverbait
05-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Without having to go into detail, what products works best for water spots. After I dried my car and waxed, I still have those damn water spots. I can rub and rub but they are still there.

Street5927
05-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Clay first, and then give HD Uno a try. I gave it an honest run for it`s money on my brother-in-laws 2010 Z71 Truck, black with moderate water spots. It removed all of them.

wfedwar
05-15-2010, 08:26 PM
If they`re etched in, you`ll have to compound them out. Once they`re out, I`ve had the best luck with acrylics (Klasse, Werkstat) in preventing recurrence. In particular, I`ve been amazed at the ability of Werkstat Acrylic Glos spray to remove water spots that are just forming. I compared it against every other product in my arsenal and it was by far the best.

akimel
05-15-2010, 09:27 PM
You might try one of several different pre-wax cleanser or even cleaner waxes. I was surprised by how effectively M20 Polymer Sealant removed water spots on my S2000. I was fearful that the spots were more deeply etched in, but apparently the M20 was able to remove them, with a little vigorous application.