PDA

View Full Version : Polishing

riverbait
05-15-2010, 06:45 PM
I finished washing, waxing my car. Can I still go back and polish my car? If so, would I need to re wax my car? I don`t plan to clay my car. Sorry if this seems a bit confusing. I am a bit of a newbie. I will clay in the summer.:confused:

cpufreak3
05-15-2010, 06:48 PM
You would need to wax afterwards. Also, it`s a good idea to clay before polishing

riverbait
05-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I assume claying is to remove stuff that doesn`t come off from washing etc. My car is fairly new. Would it be all right not to clay this time? Or would it not make any point to polish without claying?

Bunky
05-16-2010, 05:39 AM
I assume claying is to remove stuff that doesn`t come off from washing etc. My car is fairly new. Would it be all right not to clay this time? Or would it not make any point to polish without claying?

Why do you want to polish your car just after waxing?

When you polish, do you mean you want to use an abrasive polish to remove paint defects (swirls, water spots) or non-abrasive paint cleaner? If you use either, you will need to re-wax.

JohnKleven
05-16-2010, 09:23 AM
You always want to clay if you`re polishing or waxing. Extremely important.

John

Vista_Stang
05-16-2010, 11:37 AM
You always want to clay if you`re polishing or waxing. Extremely important.

John

+1, but yes, it is to remove contaminants embedded in the clear like industrial fallout, etc. You won`t regret taking the little bit of extra time to do this step before polishing or sealing/waxing.