PDA

View Full Version : Right RPMs?

imported_Tileman
05-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi, first post here, hope someone can answer this.

Have an older Makita polisher with 2 speeds, 2000 & 3800 rpms, I used years ago to compound cars.

Just got all the new pads used now, foam.

My question is, is 2000 rpms too fast for today`s products?, someone told me me 1500 would be better, my friend at the body shop said I would be fine.

Tried it on my hood, seemed fine.

Hate to buy a new machine if not needed.

Thanks in advance.

Richie.

vtec92civic
05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
the thing is some polishes will require slower speeds to finish off or jewel the paint. You don`t want a polisher that is locked into only 2 speeds as you will face many different situations that will require to adjust speed, pad size etc . . . . accordingly.

If you don`t want to spend a ton of money on a new polisher try harbor freight. I have seen some folks get a rotary from them and it`s only $35.

7" Variable Speed Polisher/Sander (http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/polishers/7-inch-variable-speed-polisher-sander-92623.html)

If you plan to do this as far as a business goes then you may want to look into other options or if you want quality then you may want to seek else where. If you will just be doing your vehicles that should be fine.

imported_Tileman
05-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Thank You.

vtec92civic
05-14-2010, 06:35 PM
no problem.

vadlis007
05-15-2010, 02:39 AM
The rights will initially trade together with shares of RPM`s common stock and will not be exercisable. The rights generally will become exercisable and allow the holder to acquire shares of RPM`s common stock at a discounted price if a person or group acquires 15% or more of RPM`s outstanding shares. Rights held by persons who exceed the applicable threshold will be void. Under certain circumstances, the rights will entitle the holder to buy shares in an acquiring entity at a discounted price.

imported_paintxpert
05-16-2010, 03:19 PM
If you are going to take polishing to the next step, get the Makita or the Hitachi. Both are light strong variable machines. They are my machines of choice for over 20 years! I used Black and Decker for what seemed to be centuries. The extra two pounds can kill you. When I polish a car, I polish every square inch of it, all lenses and windows included. This should get some debate. Be well and good luck to have the ba--s to pick up a rotary and learn. PS DONT polish at the HIGH setting on the two speed unit. BenLeoneDetailer

imported_Tileman
05-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Picked up a new Makita 9227cx with both handles, very happy with it.