PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Wheels - Advice PLEASE!!

Nagz
05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Autopians,

I pulled one of my wheels off today to try cleaning off the grime on the inside, but had no luck. After scrubbing the wheels with p21s, power clean, tarminator, claying, nothing made a dent and this still remained:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/guitarfreek1857/Detailing%20Misc/wheel2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/guitarfreek1857/Detailing%20Misc/wheel1.jpg

any suggestions??

~Thanks

Jack

BluBrett
05-13-2010, 11:07 PM
It`s probably a permanent brake dust "stain" from the brake dust building up and not being cleaned often.

Xtreme-Klean
05-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Meguiars Wheel Brightner

Nagz
05-13-2010, 11:09 PM
It`s probably a permanent brake dust "stain" from the brake dust building up and not being cleaned often.

Since i went to school i didn`t have the resources to wash my car every weekend :(

you think it could be polished out with p21s polishing soap? or any other polishing method?

vtec92civic
05-13-2010, 11:59 PM
wheel brightener or try some #0000 steel wool.

BluBrett
05-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Since i went to school i didn`t have the resources to wash my car every weekend :(

you think it could be polished out with p21s polishing soap? or any other polishing method?

To be honest, I have never polished a wheel, only paint. My wheels have lots of imbedded brake dust and on the "bare metal" spots I used 0000 steel wool. Do not ever do this though! I didn`t know my wheels were clearcoated (pre-autopian days) and my Used-to-be-shiny wheels are just four big scratches. If the wheels are clearcoated, would regular polish work? I would like to know so I could bring some life back into my wheels. No thread-jacking intended. Also, I know how hard school is (I`m a full time student, part time worker) and I just power wash until I get a chance on a weekend to bucket wash. My local coin-op has a great spotless rinse.

vtec92civic
05-14-2010, 12:25 AM
if they are clear coated and painted polish should be fine if they are clear coated and chrome or aluminum different steps will need to be taken.