PDA

View Full Version : Review: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant

JeffW
01-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Product Pic:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/JeffW28/Products/WGsealantspritz.jpg

Description (from the manufacturer web site):
This spray-on sealant is a revolution in paint protection. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant is a direct descendant of our legendary wipe-on sealant, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. The two share virtually the same blueprint, with one exception. Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant has engineered liquefied polymers that disperse easily through the spray nozzle and then regroup on the paint surface to form one solid polymer coat over the paint finish. The slick coating shields the paint from UV rays, airborne pollution, and road grime for months rather than weeks. Its incredible slickness allows dirt and water to just roll off.

Price:
16oz is $16.95

Packing Info:
For those of you familiar with the WG product line, this new Spritz has the same type of labeling and same bottle and sprayer that the "old" Spritz QD had. Quality, sturdy bottle and sprayer that works well and doesn`t drip.

Color/Scent of Product:
Clear, white-ish thin liquid. Scent is fresh, clean, non-descrip (except that it smells exactly like the old spritz QD.

Reviewer Usage:

Over the weekend of January 7th & 8th I used this product on (2) of my automobiles, as follows:

The guinea pig automobiles:

Honda - It had been completely re-detailed the weekend before. Clayed, WG Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer, WG Finishing Glaze and WG Deep Gloss Sealant (2x) so the finish was very well prepared for the application of the product.

Jeep Liberty - This auto has a plethoria of products on it and needs to be completely re-detailed very badly. Of note, the car has numerous Natty`s Blue and OCW layers.

Pre-Review Prep:
Honda washed with PB SS&S, wiped down with PB S&W.
Liberty pre-soaked with Eagle One Car Wash in a Bottle, wiped down with PB S&W

Product Application:
Product sprays a fine, wide mist. Typically I would spray 1 squirt of product per panel, however, hood & roof took multiple squirts of course. Spread product with MF, then buffed to a dry, shinny surface. The product spread easily and buffed off easily, much like the old spritz QD and very similar to PB S&G. Purposely I applied too much product a couple times to see how easily it was to spread and buff off, and each time the product took only a few extra buffing passes to remove.

Reviewer`s Impressions:

During application - Easy to apply as mentioned above - Great sprayer, one of my favs.

Following application, Immediately & after 1st couple of days -
* Slickness - Very, very slick surface on both cars, however, noticably slicker on the Honda that was recently clayed, etc. The slickness seemed to increase the next day on both cars.
* Look - Both cars exhibited that well-known WG Deep Gloss look, and exceptionally shinny. The Honda`s multiple layers of WG sealant looked much glossier than before I used the WG sealant spray. On the Liberty, it produced a slightly glossier shine than the OCW that I had been previously applying.

After 1st Rain - Yesterday it rained a bunch and I was able to get pics of how well the rain beaded on the Honda (see below), which I think is pretty impressive. Unfortunately I was not able to get pics of the Liberty, but my wife said the beading was similiar to how the OCW beaded shortly after application.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/JeffW28/MiscCar/HondaJan06bWGSealSpray.jpg http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/JeffW28/MiscCar/HondaJan06aWGSealSpray.jpg

Durability/Longevity -
Don`t know yet, but will post something soon. The Honda gets about 150-175 miles daily, and with the rain and snow of this time of the year I should be able to get a clue fairly quickly.

Overall Impression -
To me, this product is long overdue. Keeping with the tradition of the WG product line, it is easy to use and produces that nice deep glossy shine as the name implies. Unless the durability or longevity of this product stinks, I will be using this product exclusively as LSP on my Honda. On the deep green metallic Libery, it brought out a little more glossiness that OCW did, but not as much as I had hoped which might be due to the car badly needing a good prep and detail.

Web Site
Manuf/Product site - http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/

Questions? Comments?

Sherman8r44
01-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Very nice review. :bigups Glad to know they still have that great scent, too. Sounds like a great product!

How are you going to determine durability, though? Each car already has quite a bit of product on it...how much was still left? And maybe one of the reasons for disappointment on the Liberty was that there was already carnauba products (OCW and NB) that inhibited bonding.

JeffW
01-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Very nice review. :bigups Glad to know they still have that great scent, too. Sounds like a great product!

How are you going to determine durability, though? Each car already has quite a bit of product on it...how much was still left? And maybe one of the reasons for disappointment on the Liberty was that there was already carnauba products (OCW and NB) that inhibited bonding.

I agree with you about the Liberty... you would not believe what I have on that car. Ugh.

Regarding how I`m gonna measure the durability delta??? A combination of how well it continues to bead and retain slickness, I assume.

Sherman8r44
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Regarding how I`m gonna measure the durability delta??? A combination of how well it continues to bead and retain slickness, I assume.

Nonono, I meant how you would be able to measure durability with so much stuff under it? Like, if you`ve already got 2 coats of WG, how will you notice when the Spritz quits on you?

jaybs02
01-13-2006, 05:40 AM
Very nice review Jeff
Please update us on the durability.

Thanks
"J"

JeffW
01-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Nonono, I meant how you would be able to measure durability with so much stuff under it? Like, if you`ve already got 2 coats of WG, how will you notice when the Spritz quits on you?

Donono... I`ll use my Durometer? :clown:

Rather, I`ll keep an eye on, and report on, how well it continues to bead, etc, over the next # of weeks. I`ve never really understood how you can tell when something is worn off anyway when there are multiple coats of stuff, plus, I tend to keep applying more layers before (I would think) the others have worn off. "Gulp", unless my wife hides my car stuff I may not be able to leave the finish alone long enough to get a decent indication on durability.

I`ll just keep posting my activities, personal impressions and pics of the finish & product and let everyone make their own judgement calls...