PDA

View Full Version : Audio help/ suggestions

rightaway
05-12-2010, 10:02 AM
i have 94 Infiniti g20. i have infiniti refrence 4x6 in the front. stock rear speakers. kenwood head unit.

I would like to get good sound but loud enough to hear when the windows are down on the highway. so i`m thinking components in the front, 6.5 i hink would give great sound. a more the 4x6 to the rear with hopefully a mounting plate of some sort and a 4 channel amp.

i`m looking to spent $150 for the fronts and $200 on an amp. any suggestions?

i was looking at JL or Alpine but not sure what the differenence are between the speaker. some go got $80 and goes all the way up to $300. I`m looking for feedback and i dont mind buying used equipment if that gives me better selections

nickery16
05-16-2010, 12:01 PM
it depends are you going for sound quality? how loud they can go? to me sounds like you want sound quality with out distortion id suggest polk components up front, an polk in the rear aswell. if you plan to ad a sub dont amp the rear just amp the front. for an amp id suggest jbl or rockford both are very true to there watts but rockford sucks less power than jbl. as for what ones exactly i would say go to your local abc warehouse or a car audio place an just listen to them an decide what ones you like. an really you could move your infinit refrence to the rear an just get new fronts thats what i would do unless you dont like misc. matching gear lol

wong05tsx
05-16-2010, 10:58 PM
I would focus on your front stage if clarity and sound quality is what you`re after. I would not even touch the rear speakers.. a properly set up front stage is the best SQ setup.

On a 150$ budget I would go with the Image Dynamics CTX65CS

There are plenty of amps you can get for around 200$.. here are some suggestions:

Sundown SAX 125.2

Zapco Iforce I2100

Alpine PDX 2.150 (above two are better for the money)

Thomas Dekany
05-17-2010, 09:08 AM
i have 94 Infiniti g20. i have infiniti refrence 4x6 in the front. stock rear speakers. kenwood head unit.

I would like to get good sound but loud enough to hear when the windows are down on the highway. so i`m thinking components in the front, 6.5 i hink would give great sound. a more the 4x6 to the rear with hopefully a mounting plate of some sort and a 4 channel amp.

i`m looking to spent $150 for the fronts and $200 on an amp. any suggestions?

i was looking at JL or Alpine but not sure what the differenence are between the speaker. some go got $80 and goes all the way up to $300. I`m looking for feedback and i dont mind buying used equipment if that gives me better selections

What you really need is a sub.

nianq
09-23-2010, 11:48 PM
yes , it`s all depands on your need !