PDA

View Full Version : Protect All QEW vs. ONR

Mom2Boyz9600
05-11-2010, 12:08 PM
After searching and reading reviews, I was wondering if anyone has compared these lately. I was interested in ONR, but I can find QEW in several places near my house.

Thanks

SpoiledMan
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Both products worked well for me. ONR is less prone to streak and doesn`t seem to attract as much dust/dirt between washes. I stopped using QEW because it irritated the skin on my hands pretty bad.

Mindflux
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Both products worked well for me. ONR is less prone to streak and doesn`t seem to attract as much dust/dirt between washes. I stopped using QEW because it irritated the skin on my hands pretty bad.

I stopped using QEW becaues the added shine and slickness from ONR turned me off on QEW.

SpoiledMan
05-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah, that too! Looks are subjective though so I left that out.

Scottwax
05-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I used QEW a good ten years or so until ONR came out. Haven`t used QEW since, except to use what I had at the time on wheels and tires. ONR (especially the new version) cleans better, much less likely to streak on glass and the slickness and gloss are very noticeable.

imported_agentf1
05-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I found QEW cleaned better IMHO but I have not tried the latest version of ONR. It is on my list to try again since I am getting low on QEW.

gmblack3
05-11-2010, 06:14 PM
I used QEW for a few years before ONR came out. I bought a gallon of ONR and noticed right away that your wash media will never come totally clean when using ONR. I used very plush MFs with both products and even threw them in the wash when still wet from use. The same type of MFs always come totally clean with QEW, but I still have some that are stained from ONR.

The last time I drove by camping world, I picked up 2 more gallons of QEW.

SpoiledMan
05-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Grout sponges come clean when used with ONR.

Thomas Dekany
05-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I use QEW because of the much lower price.

Tony1
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Doesn`t make sense to me to choose ONR over QEW just for slickness and some added shine. You can get that slickness and shine from waxing which is why you wax in the first place. Your main concern with the wash is to get the car clean that`s the purpose of the wash. So if QEW cleans as well as ONR or better and you can get it locally and cheaper why buy ONR?

Mindflux
05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Doesn`t make sense to me to choose ONR over QEW just for slickness and some added shine. You can get that slickness and shine from waxing which is why you wax in the first place. Your main concern with the wash is to get the car clean that`s the purpose of the wash. So if QEW cleans as well as ONR or better and you can get it locally and cheaper why buy ONR?

Slickness for a "waterless wash" is a key point if you ask me. Why use soap to clean your car when water alone does it? For the surfactants and such that lift grit away from the paint.

Scottwax
05-12-2010, 07:08 PM

QEW isn`t any cheaper here (I can get both it and ONR locally), plus ONR is noticeably better on glass, makes a great clay lube, glass cleaner and QD. The added slickness and gloss is important to me because it means my wash customers cars look better week in and week out and with regards to my own car, no longer do I need to use a QD.

Tony1
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Slickness for a "waterless wash" is a key point if you ask me. Why use soap to clean your car when water alone does it? For the surfactants and such that lift grit away from the paint.

Your referring to lubricity and that`s a different thing than slickness. Slickness is the feeling on the paint after you wash and that`s not what you use a car wash for. It`s a bonus to some people but it`s not nor should it be the main thing to look for in a car wash.

Tony1
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
QEW isn`t any cheaper here (I can get both it and ONR locally), plus ONR is noticeably better on glass, makes a great clay lube, glass cleaner and QD. The added slickness and gloss is important to me because it means my wash customers cars look better week in and week out and with regards to my own car, no longer do I need to use a QD.

Yes but others can`t get it locally or cheaply so their in a different situation.

Mindflux
05-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Your referring to lubricity and that`s a different thing than slickness. Slickness is the feeling on the paint after you wash and that`s not what you use a car wash for. It`s a bonus to some people but it`s not nor should it be the main thing to look for in a car wash.

Slickness/Lubricty while using the product are one in the same to me. There`s also slickness after application/use which I was not talking about.

Bottom line: For me, ONR provides the added `cushion` of being slick while using it which helps negate marring the paint (to a degree) when using it. QEW didn`t feel much different than regular tap water to me.