PDA

View Full Version : Headlight restoration

pldenomme
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I tried to restore headligths of a 2003 BMW 325 with a 3M headligth restoration Kit and my cordless drill. The sanding removed the defects but i am unable to restore the headligth clarity. It stay «hazzy» even after multiple passes with the orange pad inculded in the Kit.

Any advice? or another product suggestion to restore the headlight clarity?

SpoiledMan
05-11-2010, 01:52 PM
If you have any pictures, please post them. They may help with what step you`re missing or not being thorough enough with. The kit should be able to finish out the light.

JpTheWayToBe
05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
last week i restored my friends headlights with a turtle wax restoration kit. i wet sanded the scratches out and used my DA on one headlight and my rotary on the other. the two compounds i used were PC and machine glaze. The DA doesnt generate enough heat to pull out all the scratches that a rotary can. beware with a rotary however because i have burned through headlights in the past (not a big deal but requires more wetsanding)

BumbleBeeGTO
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
It could be like mine. My headlights have hazing on the inside of them. I sanded the outside down good, and polished them. Smooth as can be.

If it is on the inside, then you will have to bake them and take them apart to do it.