PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Super Resin Polish

ppastos
05-09-2010, 06:12 PM
I recently found out Pep boys carries some Autoglym products such as SRP, High Definition Wax and some more.

I also read the article concerning different swirl removers and how SRP is one of the best. Well my car`s paint is 17 years old and has major swirl marks. And I doubt the 1.5 to 2.0 mils clear coat can take anymore.

So is Super Resin Polish really abrasive or does it fill in the swirls?

I read that it removes fine swirls and fills deep one but I want to be sure.

wannafbody
05-09-2010, 08:11 PM
NO AIO is gonna remove swirls like a regular polish will.

Big Leegr
05-10-2010, 09:07 AM
It does have some abrasives, and it fills. If you don`t work it in hard, you shouldn`t need to worry about removing much paint. (By hand would likely be more gentle than by machine.)

Accumulator
05-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, the abrasives in SRP are very, *VERY* mild. SO much so that you can even layer the stuff if you do the subsequent applications very gently (but note that speaks to the mildness of its chemical cleaners too).

So don`t expect it to do any real correction. It barely does anything to the oh-so-soft black ss lacquer on the Jag`s window frames!

I use it on overthinned, ready-to-die paint with no real concern. Just use a mild pad and minimal pressure.

But IME there`s a definite limit to what it can conceal, so don`t let that one comparison thread convince you that it`ll work miracles ;)

Still, as most regular here know, I really like the stuff and have used it for ages (since the early `90s).

mx5
05-31-2010, 03:44 AM
I tried this years ago, and thought it was a great product that protected for a long time, but never bought it again as I was always trying new products. I saw this at Pep Boys, and decided to pick it up. It is an excellent all in one product. It applies and wipes off so easily, with a great natural looking shine. My paint was already polished earlier this year, so I can`t comment on the cleaning aspects of this product. It rained a day later, and the tiny beading and pooling was crazy. After the rain and a wash, the paint was still slick. A side note, I did two applications a day apart before the rain and wash. I saw there was a 20% off coupon at Pepboys.com for any AutoGlym product after buying it.

tom p.
06-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I used SRP for the 1st time yesterday. Very easy product to work with. I applied it to my daily driver which hasn`t had any attention since last year. The surface was fairly dirty with a good amount of bonded contaminants. The SRP was partially successful at removing this. Some spots required follow up action. The product offers slight filling but I can`t imagine using this on a vehicle that needs any sort of correction.

The product finishes down to a fine dust, not obnoxious by any means. The product is left to cure and is EASILY wiped off 10 mins or 1 hour later without any hassle. The resulting shine is nice, the surface has a silky feel to it. However, it does not yield the wetness and depth of shine found with the better sealants. There are no issues on adjacent black trim, the residue wipes away effortlessly.

I purchased this product with the intention of spot cleaning panels as I would with an AIO and it looks like it will work well at that. I will be watching durability closely.

This product, when paired with a PorterCable, would serve the casual detailer well.

Junebug
06-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Top with Autoglym HD wax - you`ll be glad you did!