PDA

View Full Version : Woolite for interior Plastic/Vinyl/leatherette?

PointyStick
05-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Does anyone still use diluted woolite to clean interior Plastic/Vinyl/leatherette? If so, what dilution?

If not, what do you use when cleaning interior Plastic/Vinyl/leatherette?

Thanks,

Mom2Boyz9600
05-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Woolite/Water Ratio 10:1

JaredPointer
05-09-2010, 06:05 AM
I use it all the time. I use the way-back dilution of 6:1. Not real sure when the norm became 10:1, as it seems everyone is using it at that now. Maybe I missed that thread. Next time I whip up a bottle, I may try it to see what (if any) differences there are.

Scottwax
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Use the newer Woolite HE at 20:1 dilution.

David Fermani
05-09-2010, 11:06 AM
In case you`re already not doing this, make sure to so a final clean water wipedown afterwards. Woolite(and other cleaners) can leaves a very slight film/residue behind that will accelerate resoiling.

Scottwax
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
In case you`re already not doing this, make sure to so a final clean water wipedown afterwards. Woolite(and other cleaners) can leaves a very slight film/residue behind that will accelerate resoiling.

A clean, damp MF towel works great.

Tuck91
05-09-2010, 12:33 PM
If I dress the interior vinyl and leather with Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer, that seems to work great as well.

Junebug
05-09-2010, 07:04 PM
I use 10:1, works good on nasty interior surfaces, although that Automagic HD cleaner (hope I got that name right) that David told me about works good too. I`m not a fan of using APC`s on the interior unless it`s a complete puke pit.

PointyStick
05-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Glad to know it is still in use, as I am still using it.

Do you guys usually clean the Plastic/Vinyl/leatherette then protectant? For example if the surface looks clean do you just go with protectant?

What about for regular surface maintenance, do you clean the surface every-so-often then add protectant? even if not visibly dirty?

Accumulator
05-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Do you guys usually clean the Plastic/Vinyl/leatherette then protectant? For example if the surface looks clean do you just go with protectant?

I only clean things that are dirty, but you gotta watch that you do *notice* the dirt; something might not be as clean as you think it is ;)

What about for regular surface maintenance, do you clean the surface every-so-often then add protectant? even if not visibly dirty?

90-some% of the time I just use Meg`s Interior QD.

But again, you gotta watch that the soiling doesn`t happen so gradually and evenly that you don`t notice it`s truly dirty.

2007TBSS
05-12-2010, 11:13 AM
How do you guys measure 10:1? Is there a special technique or is that just an eyeballed estimate.

I know, retarded question. lol

Scottwax
05-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Glad to know it is still in use, as I am still using it.

Just because it looks clean doesn`t mean it is. Once everything is clean and protected, when you wash the car, go over the interior with a clean damp MF towel or a product like Meguiars Interior QD.

2007TBSS-I have a little measuring cup that I use.

JaredPointer
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
How do you guys measure 10:1? Is there a special technique or is that just an eyeballed estimate.

I know, retarded question. lol

The sprayer I have has the dilution ratios marked on the side of the bottle. Fill up with whatever product to the desired dilution point and then add water to the fill line.