PDA

View Full Version : CMA Clear Pearl II

kajunman
05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
I used to use Clear Pearl from CMA to do door jams, door sills, trunk flange and gasket areas and underhood areas. That is the only place on the car that I used it. I love the hand (the feel of it on paint as I wiped) of this product. CMA quit selling it because they couldn’t ship it to California because of VOC’s. CMA has now come out with Clear Pearl II. Have any of you used it? How do you like it? Is there another product that you like or feel is better? I would like a product that I can purchase by the gallon and that is roughly in the same price range ($29.99 a gallon). It would be nice if the product was water based. I wouldn’t use the Clear Pearl II on the body of the car. For the car body, I use Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Gloss as a QD since I have Acrylic Jett: Trigger on the car.

Thanks in advance,

Kajunman

kajunman
05-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Come on guys, somebody here must have used this product!

Thanks,

Kajunman

Accumulator
05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I`ve used the older version, still have a jug of it that I`m gradually using up. Never tried the new stuff though :nixweiss

Most of the time, for a leaves-stuff-behind QD for use on wax, I go with Griot`s SpeedShine. I go back and forth between it and the (oder) Clear Pearl and can`t say that there`s a *huge* functional diff between them. I kinda prefer the SpeedShine though.

kajunman
05-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I`ve used the older version, still have a jug of it that I`m gradually using up. Never tried the new stuff though

Most of the time, for a leaves-stuff-behind QD for use on wax, I go with Griot`s SpeedShine. I go back and forth between it and the (oder) Clear Pearl and can`t say that there`s a *huge* functional diff between them. I kinda prefer the SpeedShine though.

Thanks Accumulator

Kajunman

wfedwar
05-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Since you`re a Jeff`s user, try Quick Wash on that kind of stuff sometime.

kajunman
05-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Since you`re a Jeff`s user, try Quick Wash on that kind of stuff sometime.

Thats a good idea.

Thanks wfedwar,

Kajunman