PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a detailer in the chicago land area

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bawazir
05-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi guys, I am Looking for someone in the chicago land area, I got some swirls need to be removed, I tried waxing it but nothing, I have a black Mercury Marauder, I could come over your location or your shop,

I live in Carol stream, IL, I am welling to drive 40 mile radius for a good deal.

Got some quote at my area and freaking asking me arm and leg to pay :bawling:,, I will get the car clayed before the process.

I would also like to know what is going to be done for this issue

Thank you guys

swan
05-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Wish I could help but I am probably to far south for you. I do some work out of a friends shop he lets me use in Joliet when I have details up there, but mostly I stay farther south with most of my work.

bawazir
05-06-2010, 07:52 PM
i could drive to Joliet

Tuck91
05-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Is New Lenox too far for you?

bawazir
05-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Is New Lenox too far for you?

pm `d

imported_DJ Mayo
05-06-2010, 07:59 PM
How much is an arm and a leg and what was work was gonna be done for what price...??

bawazir
05-06-2010, 08:03 PM
How much is an arm and a leg and what was work was gonna be done for what price...??

They told me about 250 to buff it, Am not looking for a wax, am looking to remove all the swrils am gussing wet sanding or maby hard core buffing should be done

swan
05-06-2010, 08:24 PM
They told me about 250 to buff it, Am not looking for a wax, am looking to remove all the swrils am gussing wet sanding or maby hard core buffing should be done

That is not a bad price for paint correction. Find out what steps they are going to take and what that $250 includes.

Good luck whatever you decide and glad I could help some even though I am too far away to detail it for ya.

imported_DJ Mayo
05-06-2010, 08:33 PM
$250 for complete swirl removal is extremely low IMO... But I also wouldn`t trust the owner to properly prep the car either to try and save a few bucks. I either do all the work myself, or I don`t do it at all.

Who quoted you that price?

todd@bsaw
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
$250 is a low price for a proper paint correction on your vehicle and I believe if you think it is too high then you are not going to be satisfied with anyone you find for less.

I would recommend Ivan from Lustr detailing in the Chicago area, but I guarantee he is going to charge you properly, which you`re apparently not willing to pay.

bawazir
05-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Turtle wax, the reason am not doing it there because he is 19 year old kid,

imported_DJ Mayo
05-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Well go to Ivan at Lustr Detailing, it won`t be $250 though...

gocubbies
05-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Turtle wax, the reason am not doing it there because he is 19 year old kid,

dont look at the age there are some very talented young people out there. my 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son helps me detail my mothers, step fathers and aunts cars as well as mine when are getting it cleaned up for car shows. i have even allowed my daughter to use my PC. of course my hands were on top of her`s and i was controlling the machine.

to get back on topic i live in Aurora and if you want to bring the car down i will take a look at it and quote you a price

imported_DetailDan
05-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Many professional paint correction details dont even start at $250.

tj98cobra
05-07-2010, 06:36 AM
I`m in Carol Stream. I only do cars on the weekends. You can stop by this weekend and I`ll give you a better idea on exact hours/price. Send me a PM if you`re interested.