PDA

View Full Version : 303 windshield tablets with aquapel

1leafs_fan
05-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Long time Rain x user but I decided to give aquapel a a try. Washed and prepped the window and applied the aquapel as instructed. So far I would say it`s less effective than the rain x so I started to think what`s different. I started using the 303 tabs in the winter to help clean the windshield. I`m wondering now if they cut through the rain x or aquapel? Anyone have any experience with both? I also noticed my PIAA wipers now streak and make a noise like finger nails on a chalk board after one pass.

1leafs_fan
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Anyone? I contacted the makers of aquapel but they hadn`t heard of the 303 washer tabs.

JohnKleven
05-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Aquapel doesn`t stick properly if there is anything on the windshield currently. If the Rain-X didn`t come off completely. Aquapel is much more effective with Rain-X if prepped properly. Best of luck.

John

impulse922
05-11-2010, 02:45 PM
i took a run over my windows/windshield with the buffer and some glass polish before i applied aquapel over a year ago. I am just now getting ready for my second application of it.

yodash89
05-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Is the product not beading and rolling off water as quickly as RainX, or are you noticing that after the initial application and a rain or two with wiper use that the product is completely gone? In my experience, the Aquapel takes a greater amount of speed before the water runs off compared to RainX, but where it really shines is that it lasts, and lasts, and lasts even with wiper use. Energizer bunny if you will.

Yodash89

steelwind101
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I use Aquapel and 303 washer tablets, i have seen about 5 months of quality beading.

Its fading now but i think its been pretty good.

KnuckleBuckett
05-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Is the product not beading and rolling off water as quickly as RainX, or are you noticing that after the initial application and a rain or two with wiper use that the product is completely gone? In my experience, the Aquapel takes a greater amount of speed before the water runs off compared to RainX, but where it really shines is that it lasts, and lasts, and lasts even with wiper use. Energizer bunny if you will.

Yodash89

+1

I agree completely. I always buff out the glass before applying Aquapel. It has to be as perfectly clean as possible.

Aquapel performance is all about good prep work. Typical of most of the work in detailing.

dusik77
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM
i was a long time RainX user.. I use Aquapel right now.. Never had problem with RainX but I like Aquapel much better.. Dont know why but I do.. You have to remove RainX completely before you do Aquapel...

dusik77
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Forgot.. And to me, Aquapel holds a lot longer.. thats probably one of the reason I like it more :) Easy 6 months for me..Car is always outside..

swan
05-12-2010, 06:29 PM

Yodash89

My exact thoughts as well. I just switched to Aquapel not too long ago from Rain-X when PepBoys had a clearance on their remaining inventory.

AquaPel just doesn`t work as good as Rain-X. It will last longer but I`d rather treat my windows more often than use a product that lasts longer and doesn`t bead water away as good.

I`ll switch back to Rain-X or 845.