PDA

View Full Version : Tape

solekeeper
05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Hey guys, I`m at a body shop and right now we are using the regular light yellow colored tape.. But someitmes when it gets wet, and sits on cars, it`s a pain to peel off. Residue is left behind on moldings etc.

Would I be able to use blue/green tape? Are they body shop friendly?

Input/feedback, thanks guys!!

CosminTX
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
always green tape here.

some blue may work but some blue leave residue, never white or yellow , too aggressive.

JohnKleven
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Most tapes will leave a residue if they get wet.

jlb85
05-06-2010, 08:02 AM
The green tape is meant to be used in body shops. I get mine at a body shop supply store. But no tape is meant to be left on for extended periods of time (unless specified), and paper tapes are not meant to get wet - much. I use them for everything from wet sanding to polishing, and they are never more of a problem than removing in two or three pieces if they are weak. Never residue when pulling off. But they do "bleed" glue when heated and polished over. This is a problem if you are using a very fine polish as it gums up and smears.

solekeeper
05-08-2010, 11:10 AM
The green tape is meant to be used in body shops. I get mine at a body shop supply store. But no tape is meant to be left on for extended periods of time (unless specified), and paper tapes are not meant to get wet - much. I use them for everything from wet sanding to polishing, and they are never more of a problem than removing in two or three pieces if they are weak. Never residue when pulling off. But they do "bleed" glue when heated and polished over. This is a problem if you are using a very fine polish as it gums up and smears.

Will def. try this green tape.

This green is ok for masking cars for paint though, right?