PDA

View Full Version : Black Bwm X3

imported_00GREENMACHINE
05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
guys I just bought a jet black bmw x3. It needs some tlc. It has bad wash marks all over all panels. I have a pc and some lc pads. whte, orange, black. I also have some 4" yellow, and black pads. I need some suggestions on how to start on it. I have some Poorboys ssr2.5, some s21 cleaner, and Pwc blue for dark cars. Has anyone dealt with the BWM`s paint as far as soft or hard?

imported_Bill Valley
05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Do a search for "jet black". I have a Jet Black X5 and asked a similar question last year. Some good repsonses were posted by the pros.

Scottwax
05-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Sell it and get a different color. BMW jet black is absolutely the WORST color to correct and maintain. The mods should make it a sticky on the front page "don`t even think about a jet black BMW". :lol

Start with Meguiars #205 and a 5-5.5" cutting pad, you may have to go up to #105 if the swirls/defects are deep enough, then back down to #205 then probably a finishing polish or glaze to get it as close to haze free as possible. Then wax it every 3-4 weeks. If you let the protection go, good luck washing it without marring. Keeping wax on the corrected finish will greatly reduce wash induced marring.

Here is a write-up I did of a trashed jet black 335.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-details-before-after/124267-absolutely-hammered-335-pics-video.html