PDA

View Full Version : Clay got stuck in paint defects

454Casull
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I was claying over some paint defects that I didn`t know I had, and some of the clay got deposited inside the defects. They`re sort of like paint chips, except instead of missing paint, they`re instead like spot crazing/cracks. The worst part is, the clay is yellow and the paint is black.

Is there anything that will dissolve the clay out, or do I have to polish out the bad clear?

alwaysbored786
05-05-2010, 07:37 PM
did you try a toothpick and or q tip or an ipa wipe with a soft boars hair brush?

craigdt
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
use the clay bar to dab it out. Like removing sticky tack

BluBrett
05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I had the same problem with red rubbing compound (yes, turtle wax rubbing compound from pre-autopian days.) I had cracks in my paint and I tried to compound them thinking they were scratches. So then I had red cracks in my white paint. You could try to remove it with some kind of brush that removes wax from crevices, or a tooth brush (although even a soft one could leave minor scratches). I ended up just repainting the bumper though.

salty
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Apc or mild solvent.

Accumulator
05-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Apc or mild solvent.

Yeo :xyxthumbs

The same way those products can cause big problems when you`re claying, they can solve this problem pretty easily. I use solvents myself.