PDA

View Full Version : Mark V - Liquid Fallout Remover

MaxdOut
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Wondering, has anyone used the Mark V Liquid Fallout Remover?

Any tips or tricks I should know regarding trim, chrome, rubber etc?

I placed an order but never used any of the fallout stuff before so I am not sure if there is any prep work that needs to be done before using the product like doing something to protecting chrome, black or rubber trim.

MaxdOut
05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh the contents are water, oxalic acid, Sulfamic Acid and surfactant.

MaxdOut
05-06-2010, 12:38 PM
So noone used this product?:nixweiss

Mark V Products ::: Speciality Cleaners ::: Liquid Fallout Remover 16oz (http://www.mark-v-online.com/viewproduct.php?product_id=33)

Is Mark V stuff bad?

Junebug
05-06-2010, 12:57 PM
It got great reviews on Detailing Bliss forum.

JohnKleven
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Mark-V makes some excellent products, but I have not yet tried their Fallout Remover. Generally speaking Mark-V is highly dilluteable, more so than other products, so you can dillute it to the strength you`re looking for.

John

MaxdOut
05-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks, I guess I will need to just give it a go.

MaxdOut
05-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Oh last thing, does anyone thing that these acidic decon systems would be detrimental to Infiniti`s scratch shield paint?

Barry Theal
05-07-2010, 04:45 AM
THe acidic fall out removers are great, but I would be very carefull if you don`t know how to use them. They can do harm if not used properly. I would follow the manufactuer`s process to a T.

MaxdOut
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I have watched the training video for the ValuGard ABC system and although different from the Mark V they both contain the acids listed.

One thing that I did notice was that the ABC system mentioned not to get product "B" on trim. My problem is the area with the most rust specks is the trunk back around the chrome plated plastic emblems.

Will it damage the emblems in any way?

What about the taillights or backup camera lense?

How do you guys clean around these areas?