PDA

View Full Version : Single step polish help

Pages : [1] 2

rdorman
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
OK, lets say a customer calls up and wants their car polished and waxed. The car is a 1995 Infiniti J30, dark green. For what ever reason, even though the finish is pretty hammered, you can only use a single step polish on the car before the LSP.

Considering you will be using a PC on the car, what pad, polish, lsp are you thinking you will go to first?

mikenap
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
LC green pad, Meg`s D151 or Menz 203 polish, and whatever LSP you want.

AeroCleanse
05-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I would probably use Dodo Juice Lime Prime or Dodo Juice Need For Speed. The I would apply Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

D151 would work as well.

As for what pad, would depend on the defects. I would start with a Sonus White Pad.

rdorman
05-04-2010, 09:55 AM
I am liking the sound of these! Whats the diff. between the LC green and the Sonus white? Similar pad just different company?

trippmann
05-04-2010, 09:39 PM
lc green has a little more cut then the white iirc

mystickid
05-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Ya, I 2nd the Menzerna PO 203 "Powerfinish" polish.

Has great cut and finishes down LSP ready. Its a dedicated One step polish.

tssdetailing
05-04-2010, 10:51 PM
i`ve been having great luck with chemical guys all in one polish and sealant. It will not cure a hammered finish, but as they are saying, with a medium to light cutting pad you could have some good results.

BIOLINK
05-05-2010, 12:31 AM
I called the boys at PAC and asked the same question. They recommended Menz P203. I`m giving it a shot Saturday.

vtec92civic
05-05-2010, 02:35 AM
203 i heard is wicked. I have not yet tried it but i can`t to do so when i get some spare cash and have more stuff to order then just one thing.

sullysdetailing
05-05-2010, 06:03 AM
For my 1-step polish then LSP I used M105 and 5.5`` Tang Hydro pad or if I am doing an AIO I use D151 and Tand hydo pad.

rdorman
05-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks much for the advise! I have read up on every product that has been recommended in this thread.

Sullysdetailing a couple of questions please. When you refer to AIO are you referring to Klasse AIO or...? When you said `tand hydo pad` are you refering to the Lake County tangerine hydro tech pad?

The car in question is my daughters car. I have had the car for years (once upon a time it was my daily driver). The car now has 200,000 miles on it but still runs like a champ and has been reliable to the point of boredom.

This summer, her and I are going to work on it to help bring it back to life. A serious mechanical once over, fix a few things, update the almost over the top stereo and that sort of thing. But of most interest here, give it a pretty good cleaning up before it heads off to college... armed of course with a basic car care kit! Not these products in the kit, but along the lines of ONR, APC, all purpose protectant and that sort of thing. Just enough to keep it presentable between home visits where `dad` gets to do the heavy lifting.

As part of the clean up process, we are also going to dye the front seats and the front door panels, which I need to research next. The old sprayed on finish that Infiniti uses is toast in the front while the back is servicable. I will probably do a basic thread of the process so we can see what a non-professional can do.

I don`t think she realizes how much of the original appearence of the car can be brought back. Should be an interesting experience.

sullysdetailing
05-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Thanks much for the advise! I have read up on every product that has been recommended in this thread.

Sullysdetailing a couple of questions please. When you refer to AIO are you referring to Klasse AIO or...? When you said `tand hydo pad` are you refering to the Lake County tangerine hydro tech pad?

The car in question is my daughters car. I have had the car for years (once upon a time it was my daily driver). The car now has 200,000 miles on it but still runs like a champ and has been reliable to the point of boredom.

This summer, her and I are going to work on it to help bring it back to life. A serious mechanical once over, fix a few things, update the almost over the top stereo and that sort of thing. But of most interest here, give it a pretty good cleaning up before it heads off to college... armed of course with a basic car care kit! Not these products in the kit, but along the lines of ONR, APC, all purpose protectant and that sort of thing. Just enough to keep it presentable between home visits where `dad` gets to do the heavy lifting.

As part of the clean up process, we are also going to dye the front seats and the front door panels, which I need to research next. The old sprayed on finish that Infiniti uses is toast in the front while the back is servicable. I will probably do a basic thread of the process so we can see what a non-professional can do.

I don`t think she realizes how much of the original appearence of the car can be brought back. Should be an interesting experience.

When I was talking about the pads I was talking about the Lake Country Tangerine Hydro Pad 5.5``. When I send AIO I was talking more about Megs D151 and XMT360 because they both have a cut to them and seal and the paint at the same time. Klasse AIO doesnt have a cut to it.

imported_DetailDan
05-06-2010, 07:02 AM
XMT 360 fills a lot.

Marj
05-06-2010, 07:58 AM
How about Meguiar`s M66?

rdorman
05-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the reply!