PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Track/Race Vehicles

Ryan Paymaster
04-30-2010, 09:40 AM
I`m pretty new to the entire cult of "autopian" style detailing but definitely have years of proper cleaning habits underneath my belt. Recently I did my E46 Carbon Black M3 to pretty good results for a first time on a car that had minimal swirling in the first place. It`s a daily driver and track car.

The big problem I have here is the car sees the track a lot and a lot of the cars I deal with see the track. I have a couple questions:

1. Shoe Polish: I`m not sure if anyone encounters this but WHOA. Sometimes the track has a good old fashioned rain day and this stuff runs EVERYWHERE. Much to my disliking it dribbled all over the paint and its one horrible experience to get off. I found IPA works well (on the windows) but how would a 50/50 IPA mixture affect the wax? (Autoglym HD) Right now quick detailer + claybar is doing well but the whole car practically requires it to get all the spots off. Any product suggestions?

2. Keeping the car "perfect": I`ve found even using proper technique (maybe not proper enough) that its damn hard to keep a daily driver and track car in pristine condition. Is this just an effort thing or is it a fact I have to face?