PDA

View Full Version : 60 Degrees In the NYC area Today !!

HondaMan
01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Couldn`t resist....pulled myself away from CNBC and washed the Civic and AIO`d and UPP`d the sucker. Not the greatest mini-detailing job without claying all the grime that I can feel around the lower body panels, but it should last me another 2-3 months or so until I can do the 1st official soup-to-nuts detailing job of 2006.

Anybody else planning on getting the salt and grime off their cars before things might re-cool and/or snow again in the Northeast ?

CharlesW
01-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Big deal!
It`s 78 in Los Angeles.:)

Of course it`s only 32 in Ankeny Iowa.:(

We had some high 40 degree days the past couple of weeks and I was able to get the Montana and the GTP cleaned up and a fresh LSP applied to both. It was the second time since the cold weather started, but Iowa usually does have a few days during the winter season when you can do a few things to your vehicles.
We even have sunshine with our 32 degree temperature and that has been a rarity for a few weeks.
Come on Spring!!!!!

Charles

JaCkaL829
01-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I just got finished giving my mom`s van a nice wash and coat of PwC. I plan on cleaning the inside, rotating the tires, topping the fluids and dressing the tires and trim tommorow. I do believe its suppose to rain Weds. and be a little cooler the rest of the week. I plan on giving the RSX its winter protection sometime this week, before school starts :down:

Bill D
01-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Great day in FL too at 76 degrees :)

I helped my friend wash his Cayenne. I got a charge out of his reaction to the foam gun and WW MFs. I`m hoping to get him to "cross over to the dark side" :D

geof863
01-09-2006, 05:37 PM
It was 50 and sunny here on Cape Cod!!!!!

I did a good exterior wash / clean up on my truck this afternoon.....who knows when it will be warm enough to do that again here. Good thing I have access to a climate controlled indoor washing facility...otherwise I would go crazy!!

harry444
01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I should be ashamed of myself I went to get my car washed at a local detail shop because all my hoses are put away for the winter. But at least I did get to put another coat of Zanio on my car :howdy

CharlesW
01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I should be ashamed of myself I went to get my car washed at a local detail shop because all my hoses are put away for the winter. But at least I did get to put another coat of Zanio on my car :howdy
Since you don`t want to divulge your location:), having it done by a good detail shop probably isn`t anything to be ashamed of in the winter.
At least you had it washed and got some more protection on it.
:exclaim: Besides that, if no one ever went to a detail shop, an awful lot of guys on this board would be in big trouble.

Charles

harry444
01-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Im in new york state and you have a point with the detail shop my car was so dirty it needed a good bath and a great bath it got! :dcrules
and I got to try the PB trim restorer witch worked really good !

CharlesW
01-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Im in new york statePut it in your profile and it will show up in the left column under your user name.:)

Charles

Scott P
01-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I suppose that I should mention that it might have hit 80 yesterday here in houston. :) I have faint memories of winters in Upstate NY, but for some reason, I just can`t seem to bring them up. :dnaughty

riggsyUK
01-10-2006, 11:24 AM
its about 6 degrees in rainy Manchester today :(

CharlesW
01-10-2006, 11:37 AM
its about 6 degrees in rainy Manchester today :(
Celsius, right?That`s about 43 Fahrenheit and we welcome the 40`s in Iowa in January. :)

Charles

Mikeyc
01-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Got into the upper 40`s today in the Boston area. So, I washed the car. I think I`ll keep it in the garage for the next few days and clay/polish/wax it. Probably do the interior too. The weather is supposed to be like this all week except for a day or two of rain. So, I`m happy.

Mikeyc
01-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Got into the upper 40`s today in the Boston area. So, I washed the car. I think I`ll keep it in the garage for the next few days and clay/polish/wax it. Probably do the interior too. The weather is supposed to be like this all week except for a day or two of rain. So, I`m happy.
Well, I washed my car and detailed the engine bay. Then I clayed the paint. I then took out my spot buffs kit to do a little correction. Boom! Immediately, the backing plate flew apart and took a chunk of paint right out of the middle of my hood a little bigger than a dime. Thanks Spot Buffs!! :mad: Well, guess I know what I`m doing tomorrow. Going to the body shop. :bawling:

HondaMan
01-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Car looks great and is feeling nice and slick once again. My 2004 Honda was protected by a triple layer of Klasse SG, Poorboys EX-P, and UPP. Done in October, the car stays outside all the time so after 3 months the triple-layers had taken a beating (rain, snow, salt, etc). Still, the car had some protection left when I hit it with AIO and UPP the other day.

Looks great once again....glad the weather gave us the opportunityt to wash the winter gunk off our cars and re-protect our little babies ! :D