PDA

View Full Version : 3M quick wax and dust?

BMW_M
04-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi guys

I own a diamond black bimmer and trying to keep it in showroom condition every day but my biggest problem is DUST!

I wash my car regulary every week but keeping it clean between washes is problem.

Recently I bought new 3M quick wax, just wanted to know how safely is to use it to bring shine back and remove dust?

Car is covered with very light dust, it`s not dirty and I use quick wax with very gentle microfiber!

But with these colours you never know...opinions?

Dubbin1
04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Pick up some FK125 quick detailer. It will help cut down on the dust and let you safely wipe the car down when it is dusty. Also be sure to use quality MF towels.

Kean
04-28-2010, 02:20 PM
....personally, for "QD`ing" in this type of situation I will usually choose to wash with ONR rather than use a spray & wipe approach. In most cases though (on my weekend car), I will simply take it out of the garage and give it a quick once-over with a blower and/or compressed air to get rid of any dust that may have settled on the paint. ....then wipe down the windows. In my case, the paint on my car is relatively soft and will mar if I do the traditional QD wipe down. I only use a QD spray (like FK425) when the car is clean.