PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Ultimate Quick Wax > RainX

VanityDetailing
04-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Not sure how I came across this, and I`m pretty sure that it was by accident...

But UQW works fantastic on windows. And the hydrophobic properties of it make it work better than RainX, from what I`ve seen. Although, RainX has substantially more lifespan.

I put it on my own car, to test it, and even after a month, water still doesn`t "stick" to it. Night driving in the rain is dramatically improved, as well.

Leadfootluke
04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I like Optiseal, or 845 on certain types of windows. I have been using waxes for a long time on windows as they don`t cloud like Rain-X. I know the Rain-X lasts a long time, but for clarity, even SIG w/rain repellant works better.

wannafbody
04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
RainX leaves some funky stuff on windhsields. The castrol Super Clean works much better.

Tony1
04-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Duragloss Aquawax works great to. Many of the spray waxes do.

ProStreetCamaro
04-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Aquapel lasts an easy 5 to 6 months on my outside kept cars and trucks

technomafia
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Not sure how I came across this, and I`m pretty sure that it was by accident...

But UQW works fantastic on windows. And the hydrophobic properties of it make it work better than RainX, from what I`ve seen. Although, RainX has substantially more lifespan.

I put it on my own car, to test it, and even after a month, water still doesn`t "stick" to it. Night driving in the rain is dramatically improved, as well.

what exactly does the water do? Does it flow up to the top of the windshield like rainx? or does it seem to not even touch the windshield at all?