PDA

View Full Version : tornador gun ?

Dmurdock101
04-27-2010, 07:10 PM
anyone have it....you like it ?

I`m gonna order some things tonight and was thinking about maybe getting one...but want some personal detailers opinions on them...what cleaner do you use with them and what do you use them on ?

craigdt
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
You can spend a bit more and get a legitimate power washer. I think they are gimmiky.

imported_dfazekas
04-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I bought one a while back and I hardly ever use it.

I use diluted APC + with it. It seems to work pretty well on hard surfaces, hard to reach places, and surfaces that are moderately dirty. However, I`ve found it more efficient to just clean by hand.

One really annoying thing about it is that if you`re working inside the car with it, you`re definitely going to need a mask. Otherwise you`ll be breathing in degreaser mist.

That being said, I`ve found some odd jobs where its been useful, but if I were you I wouldn`t waste your money.

JohnKleven
04-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I have one as well, and it`s a pretty neat tool, but can live without it. It does however minimize your product usage when cleaning and deodorizing.

John

StadiumDetail
04-29-2010, 10:37 AM
I have two and use them both extensively every day. I absolutely love them. APC 10:1 for regular use and 6:1 for heavy duty cleaning works wonders.

As with any tool there are techniques that need to be learned to fullly utilize the tool, but once I got all the tricks down I can clean a car better in less time than I can by hand. There really just isn`t any comparison, 100psi of compressed air/APC mix is going to clean better than a spray bottle. It isn`t going to get everything, the toothbrush is still needed for that stubborn gunk, but things like speakers grills and air vents can be cleaned in under 15 sec with the gun.

With all that said, if this is for personal use just pass on the tool. It`s designed more for the deep cleaning of a car that has dust in every crack and crevice, not for the light layer of dust in a detailer`s personal car.

Barry Theal
04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
I think its another toy worth having. I have one and love it. Keep in mind you need a lot of compressed air for it. It will kill a tank fast!

Dmurdock101
04-29-2010, 06:34 PM
hmmm...alright the guy i go through said he can get me one for the price he gets them for...so I think i`m gonna grab it just cause its going to be cheaper...and barry i used your jeweling method on my daily driver today with PO85RD with a blue pad and it look amazing...coated it with klasse and then 2 coats of fusion

GatorJ
04-30-2010, 06:00 AM
You can spend a bit more and get a legitimate power washer. I think they are gimmiky.

??????? They e not even remotely the same thing.