PDA

View Full Version : Happiest day in my life!

efnfast
04-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Just sold my black daily driver and am replacing it with a silver one.

Muahahahaha, i finally won the battle with black!! :grinno:

Btw, for an 04 mustang cobra, is the Ford emblem drilled into the trunk, or just adhesive`d on?

tibbsonaphone
04-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Hello,

All the emblems are stuck on with adhesive. The only one that is screwed on is the running horse or standing snake in the grille.

Accumulator
04-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Just sold my black daily driver and am replacing it with a silver one...

Heh heh, BTDT...welcome to the Autopians-with-free-time Club.

efnfast
04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Hello,

All the emblems are stuck on with adhesive. The only one that is screwed on is the running horse or standing snake in the grille.

Are you sure about that? I`m 90% certain the cobra/GT logos on the sides are screwed in.

I can`t really find anything about the oval Ford on the trunk - I found 1 reference that indicates it`s screwed in (or atleast adhessed on with 2 guide holes......)

Heh heh, BTDT...welcome to the Autopians-with-free-time Club.

Soooooo, uhhh, what do I do with this extra 5hrs a day now? :think2

Accumulator
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Soooooo, uhhh, what do I do with this extra 5hrs a day now?

Heh heh, the Autopian Heretic in my thinks that hopefully you`ll spend that time on something other than detailing ;)

efnfast
04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Heh heh, the Autopian Heretic in my thinks that hopefully you`ll spend that time on something other than detailing ;)

I could always spend it hanging upside down and at all sorts of weird angles studying the silver paint trying to find that last little bit of micromarring I missed because it`s all but impossible to see unless you hit it at juuuuuuust the right angle :laugh:

I kinda feel bad for my old car - it was an early year g35 coupe - black, VERY soft clearcoat. Very VERY soft, almost Bentley soft. Anyways, you can imagine being an autopean I slaved away at it for the last 8yrs, with the only positive thing being it forced me to really step up my washing game to the Nth degree.

Anyways, when I sold it yesterday the guy just slapped his cheque book right down on the trunk and started writting the cheque (deposit) on the trunk saying "I`m already putting my new car to good use by using it as a table stand".....I almost threw up on the ground then and there when the last 8yrs came flooding back to me :(

Accumulator
04-27-2010, 12:28 PM
I could always spend it hanging upside down and at all sorts of weird angles studying the silver paint trying to find that last little bit of micromarring I missed because it`s all but impossible to see unless you hit it at juuuuuuust the right angle

Well, yeah...that goes without saying ;)

I kinda feel bad for my old car..the guy just slapped his cheque book right down on the trunk..

I know the feeling. I`m always happiest when I never see the car again. I go so far as to usually sell to somebody from outside my area, even if that means just wholesaling it.

LICamaro85
04-27-2010, 01:14 PM
it is not "screwed" on but there is two nice size holes in the metal for guide pins to make sure the emblem does not twist or move. I would not remove it unless you are planning on shaving everything and doing some body work to make it look right, or of course replacing it with something better.

- LI 85

efnfast
04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
it is not "screwed" on but there is two nice size holes in the metal for guide pins to make sure the emblem does not twist or move. I would not remove it unless you are planning on shaving everything and doing some body work to make it look right, or of course replacing it with something better.

- LI 85

Figures :cry:

Thanks.

hatch2000
04-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Congrats on the new car. My wife and I bought an 08 G35x Obsidian Black and now that I just got into detailing, I see that no one is speaking very highly of Infiniti`s paint. After just one year, there are tons of swirls and we both swore we`ll never buy another black car again.

efnfast
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Congrats on the new car. My wife and I bought an 08 G35x Obsidian Black and now that I just got into detailing, I see that no one is speaking very highly of Infiniti`s paint. After just one year, there are tons of swirls and we both swore we`ll never buy another black car again.

Yep yep; OB black g35 here; worst car (in terms of paint maintenance) I`ve ever owned.

shaunls1
04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
on the fender emblems there are two locating tabs that makes shure the person puting the emblem on is puting it where its suposed to go.

its double sided tape holding it on.

i think the rear ford emblem is the same deal.