PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Ultra Plush Wash Mop...

jlift
01-09-2006, 12:26 PM
I ordered and received the item last week. Time came to wash my car on Sunday and I got my stuff together. I extended the wash mop and was able to do the entire top of my car without going around to the other side. Pretty good so far...... The problem I had was when I was doing the hood. I was using Mother`s California Gold car wash and as I pressed down on the wash mop handle, it suddently "flipped over" (due to the slickness of the car wash, I guess), causing me to put two superficial black scratches on the hood. I Scratch-x`d them out, though. A very lightweight product, capable of flipping over....not too cool. You have to be REALLY careful how you push down on it while washing the auto. So far, strike one on the Versa Angle Body Brush (snapped off the handle by its own weight while drying horizontally. Now, strike two.. this ....I don`t know about the Meguiar`s car wash accessories.......don`t think I will buy ANY more. Their polishes are pretty good, I guess, from what I have tried personally so far. But, I definitely don`t like the accessories so far that I have tried. I think that this plush mop should probably have a little bit more heft to it, possibly aluminum handle, better locking device (seemed to "untwist" on me causing it to collapse a couple of times although I had tightly turned it closed...). I will reiterate that I do think now for sure that Meguiar`s has design problems on at least the accessories that I have pruchased and tried...I wouldn`t mind paying three times as much for a QUALITY product.....what do you expect for $12 I guess? Can anyone recommend a similar PROFESSIONAL device? I definitely ain`t gonna use this thing to wash my new 06 Tundra!!

Jack.

Mikeyc
01-09-2006, 01:27 PM
I`ve read a lot of posts from people who have had issues with the new versa-angle brushes. I haven`t used them, but I have the new Megs Interior Brush & the Slide Lock Paint Brush and they both are great.

97F1504x4
01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
I also have this wash mop along with some of the Versa Angle brushes. I love the brushes nice thick and clean very well and i really like how the brush can be switched around with the handle. I understand fully what you are saying about the mop head flipping on you however i have found that one side seems to allow it to lay flatter than the other and you have to it to the flip to the proper side. I also agree that it is a bit awkward at first but think the more you use it the more accustomed and use to it you will get. I just wish the mop head surface itself was a bit larger. I drive a big lifted truck so a mop with handle is essential for me to use. Overall i think it works great and you just need to not push hard with it and really pay attention to how you are using it.

Richard

CharlesW
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Small consolation, but I think Meguiar`s will probably either replace or refund your money for the products you aren`t happy with.
The on-line store return policy is here. (http://www.meguiars.com/returns/)
It seems likely they have a similar policy for products purchased locally.

Charles