PDA

View Full Version : CLK - not sure what to do

dinosaur12
04-23-2010, 07:06 AM
So Im cleaning up my mom`s car for mothers day (yes its early) and am unsure how to do about this area around the front windshield. You can see in the pics it looks like oil in puddles of water of a parking lot. Im pretty sure that its plastic but not 100% sure. Im am very unsure as to if its painted or not.

2nd part, on the rear bumper there is some scratching. Im not going to be able to get the big stuff out but some of the very minor stuff I would like to try. Little nervous to us a rotary on plastic. Is it cool if I just keep it on a very low speed?

Any one work on one of these, or have any advice as to what to do.

Thanks for any help

blackrex
04-23-2010, 09:09 AM
I would try a paintcleaner like poorboys professional polish or p21 cleaner by hand on the gloss trim then Optimum car wax over it. The scratches on the bumper don`t look bad at all. I wouldn`t take a rotary to a black car unless you are very experienced, the chance for holograms or worse is pretty high. Use a d/a polisher like flex or a pc and you should be good to go.

Accumulator
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I wouldn`t take a rotary to a black car unless you are very experienced, the chance for holograms or worse is pretty high. Use a d/a polisher like flex or a pc and you should be good to go.

+1 :xyxthumbs

On the stained maybe-plastic, I`d be careful to use something that dones`t stain black plastics. My first choice would probably be KAIO.

E300Diesel
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
I would try Klasse AIO on the spot above the windshield. White pad perhaps...