PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s cleaner wax or NXT 2.0

ramathorn45892
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
So I have been reading that the Meguiar`s NXT 2.0 wax has some cleaning properties to it. I have a truck that is a dark burgundy and I am wondering if Meguiar`s cleaner wax or the NXT 2.0 would be a better choice as an initial coat. I was thinking about putting a second coat on of a carnuaba wax or I have some Collinite`s 845. Ive waxed cars before but it was just the basic wax on wax off method haha. I don`t have any true knowledge of the best way to go about things. I will say that the truck was clayed about 6 months ago and has been drivin maybe 500 miles since then so I`m hoping I don`t need to clay it again.

(I have one broken shoulder so washing and waxing will be hard enough.) Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I apologize if this topic has been covered. I have been searching for the past two days.

vtec92civic
04-23-2010, 02:53 AM
inspect the paint on the truck. time wise 6 months is usually time for a light clay job but you had mentioned it only was driven for about 500 miles in that time. Feel the paint as you will yield the best results from your prep work and it will make a world of difference when applying wax to a properly cleaned and prepped surface.

I would personally do away with the NXT and go collinite 845. I recently started using that and man the durability is great and the beading is phenomenal.

Accumulator
04-23-2010, 12:03 PM
ramathorn45892- Welcome to Autopia! Yikes, sorry to hear about your shoulder.

Don`t overestimate the "cleaners" (scare-quotes intentional) in NXT. I wouldn`t put it anywhere *CLOSE* to being a cleaner wax.

Unless you have some light marring that needs hidden, I too would skip the NXT and do cleaner wax topped (a day later, or after the next wash) with 845.

craigdt
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I wouldnt hesitate to use NXT 2.0 Its a very capable sealant that is easy to work with and looks great.

Jaws2008
04-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Id use the cleaner wax then follow with the NXT 2.0 than the next day top it with a good Carnauba Wax

ppastos
04-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Id use the cleaner wax then follow with the NXT 2.0 than the next day top it with a good Carnauba Wax

My thoughts exactly.

Although if your shoulder and paint can take it i would clean the paint as best as you can.

ramathorn45892
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Well fellas I went the route of cleaner then NXT 2.0. I`d really like to get another coat on of carnuaba or Collinite`s 845 but I am supposed to be out all day tmrw and leaving in the morning. I would bring wax with me and do it while I`m at my friends house but after driving 25 miles I might as well wash it again to get road grime and bugs off before waxing. I guess I`ll have to wait until next week to wash and wax again. This time with just a coat of Carnuaba or Collinite`s.

vboy127
04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Sorry to briefly jack your thread, but do you need to wait a certain time period after the cleaner wax? Or can you apply the NXT directly after? Again, sorry.

technomafia
04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Sorry to briefly jack your thread, but do you need to wait a certain time period after the cleaner wax? Or can you apply the NXT directly after? Again, sorry.

you can do nxt right after cleaner wax. your only suppose to wait a day if you want to apply a second coat of nxt or top nxt with something else. the product needs curing time. But if I feel like doing 2 coats of nxt I usually just put it right on after the first coat, f$ck it..

Jaws2008
04-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Well fellas I went the route of cleaner then NXT 2.0. I`d really like to get another coat on of carnuaba or Collinite`s 845 but I am supposed to be out all day tmrw and leaving in the morning. I would bring wax with me and do it while I`m at my friends house but after driving 25 miles I might as well wash it again to get road grime and bugs off before waxing. I guess I`ll have to wait until next week to wash and wax again. This time with just a coat of Carnuaba or Collinite`s.

I wouldnt do it any sooner that 6 hours... Im not sure on times but you should let the sealant sit and settle for awhile before applying the carnauba wax and same goes for any additional coats of carnauba wax

John_K
04-28-2010, 07:49 AM
I`ve used NXT 2.0 wax as a LSP on a non-correction detail and everytime the paint surface has been smooth as glass and the customer was thrilled with the results.