PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these microfiber towels

Pages : [1] 2

anson89
04-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Someone recommended this site a few days ago for some quality and cheap MF towels:

Wholesale microfiber towels range (http://www.stocktowelsnow.com/microrange.html)

I`m thinking about the medium heavy or medium super as final wipe towel or wiping away polishes, waxes and sealants.

Any reviews on these?

Dubbin1
04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Look like they may be decent towels and at a good price.

LICamaro85
04-23-2010, 05:04 PM
They are very good towels, I bought from them last week and the towels are top-notch. They are on par with the higher end ones.

Also get the "super" microfibers that are 3 for 7 bucks. Those are the only ones I would touch my paint with, maybe get the cheaper ones for the inside of your car and things like that.

-LI 85

Pats300zx
04-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Shipping is high on those towels...$12 yikes...

bogi094
04-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Shipping is high on those towels...$12 yikes...

free over $50!

Edit: opps they changed it!

USA at a rate of $5.65 on orders below $10, $8.95 on orders below $18 and $12.95 on orders below $130.

MrCLRider
04-23-2010, 08:07 PM
I got a sample towel, the blue one. It is exactly the same as a CG 550. Price is much better than CG even with the shipping.

bogi094
04-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I got a sample towel, the blue one. It is exactly the same as a CG 550. Price is much better than CG even with the shipping.

I must of got a bad one. As one of them is still soft as ever while the other hardened and is not soft at all... (failed the CD test) Both towels bleed a lot so I dont think I`ll buy them again for these two reasons...

Striker
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I must of got a bad one. As one of them is still soft as ever while the other hardened and is not soft at all... (failed the CD test) Both towels bleed a lot so I dont think I`ll buy them again for these two reasons...

What do you mean by bleed? I`m guessing the paint comes off the fabric?

Can anyone else attest to this?

MrCLRider
04-24-2010, 06:59 AM
What do you mean by bleed? I`m guessing the paint comes off the fabric?

Can anyone else attest to this?

He is talking about them bleeding in the wash and transferrring color to other towels.

LICamaro85
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I thought they may have bleed that is why the first wash i used hot water and wash and rinsed them by themselves twice, since then there was no bleeding.

I have no had a problem with these towels yet. For the price they can not be beat.

Get the 500gsm ones which are called "super" towels they are well worth the shipping charges.

I only got a few of them and will be using them all the time for the next month month and a half and if they last and do not break down at all I am going to put in a purchase for a full case (230) or a half case.

I will let you guys know how they last and perform in the future.

- LI 85

2007TBSS
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I`m pretty sure that blue waffle weave is the same ones I got at Advanced Auto for $9 each.

I know, I was a noob.:argue

SlantS
04-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I get microfiber towels at Costco. They sell packs of 36 for around $20.00

They are great for the price.

Dubbin1
04-24-2010, 09:13 PM
I get microfiber towels at Costco. They sell packs of 36 for around $20.00

They are great for the price.

Yes but they are not quality mf towels. There is a HUGE difference from those to good towels.

LICamaro85
04-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Yea if you compare those from costco because I have them too and use them for interior and rims/wheels engine bay, to any higher end towel there is a night and day difference in the weight the lenghth and thickness of the thread (nap). The cheaper ones do not have silk edging they are just folded over and stiched onto itself which cause marring on most paint. Also they never last as long and lint much quicker.

This is why if these towels do stand the test of time they will be my go to towel for touching paint.

- LI 85

imported_erazz
04-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes but they are not quality mf towels. There is a HUGE difference from those to good towels.

Hung on to those yellow Costcos as long as I could. Took the advice of the members of this board and bought some nice MFs at Chem Guys. Will never look back. The Costcos, or any cheapo MF, cannot hang with a quality towel. Will be tying this vendor for my next order.