PDA

View Full Version : SUPER freaked out and need help

imported_aleicgrant
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
I noticed a few days ago after picking up my Ibis white Audi TTS from the dealer that when in a light mist of rain the first shot of windshield wiper

fluid had an exceptionally strong smell to it.

I also noticed that is left a ton of dots on my roof which I dismissed and easily wipe down later.

Well I have been busy so finally decided to wash and wipe down the car tonight. After pulling it into the

garage I was shocked that all these "dots were still there. So if figured hey just windshield wiper fluid

residue no bigger.

Zano quick detail had no effect

Zanio polish had no effect

VINEGAR had no effect

so now I am TOTALLY freaked.

there is more on the very outer edge of the hood and some on the rear near the trunk lift

its not coming off.

My car has less than 4k on it, garaged ALWAYS and gets better care than my kid.

Can anyone HELP

Hard to photo but trust me its there.

F R E A K I N G O U T

I am wondering if that first shot of wiper fluid had the harshest chemicals that spat out and caused this. It looks like someone took a pin and make a million tiny dots etched in the paint

Presidential detail has worked on my car before and he will attest how nutty I am about keeping it clean.

why oh why didnt I wipe it down the first day

jopa489
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I think you`re in the wrong section, but you might want to try some clay and/or bug and tar remover. Turtle Wax makes a decent bug/tar remover which you can buy OTC at any Walmart, Autozone, etc.

imported_aleicgrant
04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I forgot, I tried clay. they are not of any color but you can see them in the clear coat

of not this section then where?

Greg Nichols
04-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Take it back to presidential and have him look at it.

My guess is water spotting.

Cheers,

imported_JoshVette
04-20-2010, 09:26 PM
First off did you check the wiper fluid to make sure it`s what it`s supposed to be??

Secondly don`t freak out you`ll only go crazy anytime anything happens and you`ll be overly protective of the car wiping it down every moment and swirling it up too death. You might as well clear bras the whole thing....

Try 3M adhesive remover or goo gone or something. If that doesn`t work call your detailer and have him buff it out.

Josh

JohnKleven
04-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Do you have any pics.? Pictures will be helpful.

vtec92civic
04-21-2010, 12:15 AM
pictures of the actual dots would help or ones similar that you can find on the net would be great.

Are these dots raised like on the clear coat surface or are they etched into the clear coat?

could be water spots but they could also be something from the washer fluid if that is indeed what was shot out

Accumulator
04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
aleicgrant- The TTS only has the one "regular" washer system, right? Like, my old Audi has a second, "Intensive" system with potent fluid in it for emergencies and that stuff could do a number on the LSP (doubt it`d do much to the paint as long as the LSP was there to take the abuse, but you never know).

I wonder if a) your car has that secondary system and you were spraying with that, or b) your dealer might`ve filled your (regular) washer reservoir with the Intensive fluid or somehin like that :think:

Washer fluid isn`t great for LSPs, but it shouldn`t be a big deal either as long as the paint was well-protected. SO whatever you do to fix it, I`d sure give the dealer an earful about this.