PDA

View Full Version : Nanolex?

Pages : [1] 2

loco
04-20-2010, 04:25 PM
So, does anyone sell this stuff in the U.S.? It sounds like it might be an amazing product but I can`t find a way to purchase it. Has anyone in North America gotten a chance to use it?

Thanks.

JohnKleven
04-20-2010, 10:09 PM
I haven`t heard of this particular product, but be careful of a lot of the German nano coatings. Many of the German nano coatings are getting supplied from Dow Corning, and are silicone based coatings, and there are several different companies who basically relabel these products and mark the prices through the roof. I`m not saying this particular product that this is the case, but just do your research before you buy. There are a lot of incredible nano coatings being used these days, I actually use two different ones in my shop.

John

loco
04-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks. What do you use, John? Is it something hobby detailers can purchase and use?

JohnKleven
04-21-2010, 07:59 PM
I use Nanoskin which is a two part, paste wax plus spray on coating which lasts at least a year, and also Matrix Micro Coatings which is completely permanent. Both coatings are excellent.

John

pootoo12000
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
It is my understanding that Nanolex will NOT ship to the states. Reputedly very good stuff. I suggest Gtechniq from the UK. I have their C2, and its great stuff. Silicon based. John K, I have been curious about Matrix Micro Coating for awhile. Can you elaborate?

pootoo12000
04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
By the way, there is a major difference between silicone and silicon!

kajunman
04-23-2010, 08:13 AM
John, looking at the Nanoskin and Matrix Micro Coatings websites, it would appear that the Matrix Micro Coatings product would be easier to apply. Is this correct? Out of these two products which do you prefer?

Thanks for the info,

Kajunman

dervdave
04-23-2010, 09:00 AM
So, does anyone sell this stuff in the U.S.? It sounds like it might be an amazing product but I can`t find a way to purchase it.

Nanolex really is an excellent range of quality sealants, but as I`ve recently said in a different thread I don`t know if they ship to the U.S.

The owner Florian is a proper nice guy and know he will answer all your questions if you drop him a line. :)

I forgot to add the Nanolex site

Nanolex | Nanolex Home (http://www.nanolex.de/en)

loco
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys for the recommendations. I will check into these.

I did email a Nanolex distributor and also confirmed that they will not ship to the U.S.A. Bummer!

JohnKleven
04-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Matrix Micro Coatings is NOT easy to apply, and can take a full day depending on the weather, and it must be baked with infrared curing lamps. Nanoskin is an easy application.

pootoo12000
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
John, are you talking about the "Pro" version of MMC or the polish and ceramic coating combo available on Ebay? If the latter, the make no mention of infrared, etc.

Florian
04-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey guys,

I hope I don`t violate any rules of the Forum by answering to your questions as the head of Nanolex Germany - if this should be the case please feel free to remove this post.

Dave (dervdave) sent me this link and of course it was drawing my attention.

Regarding your posts:

So, does anyone sell this stuff in the U.S.? It sounds like it might be an amazing product but I can`t find a way to purchase it. Has anyone in North America gotten a chance to use it?

Thanks.

Unfortunately no one does so far. The main reason we don`t ship to the US is possible legal issues we could face due to false labelling, registration of the products etc. (there`s a different set of regulations for those things in the US).

We would be glad to sell our products in the US, but therefore we`d need a willing and able distributor that would try to solve these kinds of issues with us, which we haven`t found yet.

I haven`t heard of this particular product, but be careful of a lot of the German nano coatings. Many of the German nano coatings are getting supplied from Dow Corning, and are silicone based coatings, and there are several different companies who basically relabel these products and mark the prices through the roof. I`m not saying this particular product that this is the case, but just do your research before you buy. There are a lot of incredible nano coatings being used these days, I actually use two different ones in my shop.

John

As far as I know Dow Corning has Joint Ventures / receives products from over here, actually from the state we are located at...

Nanolex really is an excellent range of quality sealants, but as I`ve recently said in a different thread I don`t know if they ship to the U.S.

The owner Florian is a proper nice guy and know he will answer all you questions if you drop him a line. :)

Thanks for your words Dave, I appreciate it a lot.

I hope it`s ok for me to post on here, if you have any questions I`m glad to answer!

Cheers, Florian

wannafbody
04-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I`ve gotten the impression that some very good polymers exist but that shipping them can be a major issue since some are quite hazardous.

JohnKleven
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
John, are you talking about the "Pro" version of MMC or the polish and ceramic coating combo available on Ebay? If the latter, the make no mention of infrared, etc.

Pro`s Choice is the only one that we use in our shop.

kajunman
04-24-2010, 08:28 AM
"Matrix Micro Coatings is NOT easy to apply, and can take a full day depending on the weather, and it must be baked with infrared curing lamps. Nanoskin is an easy application."

Thanks for the info, John.

Kajunman