PDA

View Full Version : Interesting email reply from Jeffs Werkstatt

kajunman
04-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I thought you guy might be interested in an email question I sent to the Jeffs Werkstatt Company and the reply I received. I bolded the part of their email that was interesting.

My email

I use Prime, Acrylic Jett:Trigger and Acrylic Glos on my car. After applying Prime, Acrylic Jett:Trigger and Acrylic Glos, when I wash the car the next time can I spray Acrylic Glos on the wet finish, then dry the car off? Will this cut down the effectiveness of the Acrylic Glos to revitalize the protective layer already on the car? The reason I want to do this is because it cuts one step of having to dry the car first, then spraying on Acrylic Glos and wiping it off. I also feel it cuts down marring. (Sorry for so many questions.)

Thank you,

Ron

Jeffs Werkstatt Company reply

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the email.

Good question... both AJ Trigger and A.Glos can be applied to a wet vehicle while drying. It can be just as effective as doing a "dry" application. The only down side is that the products will get diluted and have more of a tendency to be picked up by the towel instead of depositing on the surface. So you`ll tend to use marginally more product than a dry application. But we apply in this way, and get excellent results. Being waterbased, it does not effect the products` chemical functionality. It saves time, and by multitasking, you`re also touching the surface fewer times which, along with the additional water, does minimize the chance of marring.

Hope this addressed the questions fully. As always, please free to reply with any follow-ups.

Happy Detailing!

Werkstat Product Development

Just thought it was interesting that they apply AJ Trigger and A.Glos this way.

MarcHarris
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
good to know! Might have to try this...

wfedwar
04-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Yes, but I wouldn`t read into it that they apply it in only this way.

bryan
04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
interesting stuff thank you

Bgibs
04-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I tried a sample of the optimum car wax and applied it just like I apply the duragloss aquawax. I would imagine the werkstatt wax as well as many others can be applied the same exact way.

wannafbody
04-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I`d think a napless MF would be the best way to apply.

kajunman
04-24-2010, 09:25 AM
“Yes, but I wouldn`t read into it that they apply it in only this way.”

I would hope that just about everyone on this forum knows that it would be better to apply Acrylic Jett: Trigger or Acrylic Glos on a dry finish. I was just offering an alternate method to speed up the application process and cut down on marring.

Kajunman