PDA

View Full Version : liquis sov. ocw combo

blucpe
04-19-2010, 01:38 PM
just experimenting with different combosand tried liq. sov. and ocw on top of. the trick, if you want to call it that, is to put down a layer of ls, thin of course, then, before buffing, spritz the pad with ocw, go over the panel with just the ocw spritz then buff. the result is a very slick, wet and glossy finish.

blucpe
04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
here`s a pic,

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w153/blucpe/DetailPictures004.jpg

Scottwax
04-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Interesting way of doing it. I`ve been doing something similar with Carnauba Moose. Apply CMW, let haze, spritz the panel with OCW, and buff them off together.

Streetlife
04-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I tried a combo last year that came out beautiful. I first applied PB Natty`s red and it was hard to get off, so i reached for my SCG speed demon spray wax to take it off and the finish was beautiful, and the Natty`s red was more durable. I have another combo in mind i`ll be trying soon, I will update with a pic once i finish. :getdown

Dubbin1
04-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I first applied PB Natty`s red and it was hard to get off

You may be putting it on too thick or not letting it dry enough. I have used Natty`s Red a lot and had zero problems taking off. Goes on smooth as butter and after letting it dry it wipes right off.

Streetlife
04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
You may be putting it on too thick or not letting it dry enough. I have used Natty`s Red a lot and had zero problems taking off. Goes on smooth as butter and after letting it dry it wipes right off.

I appreciate it Dubbin1, that`s possible that i put it on too thick, next time i`ll apply it thinner, that was my first and last time applying wax in the sun, i found out that i use a lot more than i use when i apply wax in the garage ( too thick). Out of all my waxes PB Natty`s red seems to be the most finicky wax in my arsenal, but i`ve only used it once. I will be layering the blue then the red when i detail my wife`s car in a couple weeks. I`ve been told to treat Natty`s red as a wowo like CG Pete`s 53. What`s your method? Do you leave it on for 30 minutes and it hazes, i know the Natty`s blue hazes no problem and is pretty smooth after removal , maybe i just have a finicky batch? Either way, i`m looking forward to layering the two in the garage, after proper prep of course.:D

blucpe
04-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Interesting way of doing it. I`ve been doing something similar with Carnauba Moose. Apply CMW, let haze, spritz the panel with OCW, and buff them off together.

i`ve actually used that combo, no small thanks to you, and it is a great combo, either one is a winner.:shocked

Dubbin1
04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
What`s your method? Do you leave it on for 30 minutes and it hazes

I give it the finger wipe test, if it smears its not ready, if it wipes clean then its ready.

Streetlife
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I give it the finger wipe test, if it smears its not ready, if it wipes clean then its ready.

I`ve used that method before (many times since using Natty`s red). I`ll make sure i remember to use it again when using Natty`s red. I think I was spoiled at the time by the "haze" indicator of removal time. Appreciate it man.:xyxthumbs