PDA

View Full Version : deeper scratches question

joe.p
01-07-2006, 09:39 PM
I have been using the ssr 2.5 to remove some swirls with a LC orange cutting pad but i just can`t get some scratche`s out with ssr 2.5. i even tried the Wg swirl-rem and still no luck.would it be worth trying the SSR 3 for the job.would there be that much of difference using theSSR 3?

Poorboy
01-07-2006, 10:29 PM
some scratches in clearcoats are deeper than they appear. SSR3 is an alternative or a more abrasive pad with SSR2.5 can be tried also.
If you choose SSR3, I would suggest using a less aggressive pad, like a polishing pad, before using a cutting pad and let the product do the cutting not the pad. :cool:

joe.p
01-08-2006, 02:58 AM
some scratches in clearcoats are deeper than they appear. SSR3 is an alternative or a more abrasive pad with SSR2.5 can be tried also.
If you choose SSR3, I would suggest using a less aggressive pad, like a polishing pad, before using a cutting pad and let the product do the cutting not the pad. :cool:the ssr 2.5 did an excelent job. i`m trying to go a step above and remove some deeper scratchs.
since i have many more products then pads, and i do need to order a few more i will upgrade and get another cutting pad with a few other pads that i need. Thanks Steve.
joe

Brenton
01-08-2006, 06:15 AM
There are actually several "grades" deeper you can go by a combination of increasing pad and increasing product. Some things cannot be cured though.