PDA

View Full Version : Website Picture cleanup

PRS
01-07-2006, 06:01 PM
My British Car Club requested pictures of members LBCs to put on our new website, so it was a excuse for another detail. :D
I wanted to try to use the PC with the SSRs in the method talked about in a great thread with pictures earlier this week. I had allways spread the polish on speed 1 and then started to speed the PC up fairly swiftly till it reached 6 on the dial and kept it there till the polish was basically gone, which was pretty fast. This time I spread it out on 2 then moved up to 4 till the polish was swirled then took it back down to 2 and slowly worked it into the paint, then gradually turned it up to 5 till it was gone. It took alot more time to completely break down using this method and the SSR1 took all of the slight defects out of the trunk and hood.

I think my MGB will look good on the website due to the proper prep work being done. I had been using Natty Blue on this car but decided to go back to my first love P21S, which makes the dark Green paint shimmer.

Paul

SSR1 w/ green Propel polishing pad
PBs PwC Blue w/ Black Propel finishing pad
P21S x 2
Adams VTR on tires
PBs Natural Look on Convertable top
PBs wheel sealant on rims

joe.p
01-07-2006, 06:37 PM
That is a nice ride,Steve products look showroom quality on that paint .you did a really nice detail & your hard work shows. i see you used NL on the top, if the car was to get wet/rain is their a chance the NL could drip down on the paint and cause the paint to stain.I ask because i seen this happen when people use a product like armor all or another dressing. when the car becomes wet it will run down the side and then stain the paint.ever had this happen?