PDA

View Full Version : My Menzerna Power Lock first impressions.

ProStreetCamaro
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Just got to try power lock on my black 07 Yukon.

1. Goes on super easy and comes off even easier

2. Dries quickly

3. Leaves a nice finish that looks like a cross between a sealant and a nuba wax. Hard to explain but it looks really nice on black

4. Leaves a ton of dust when removing

5. This stuff leaves a super slick finish

6. Durability yet to be determined

So far it seems like a keeper :2thumbs:

ajc347
04-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Sounds an intersting product.

Can you layer it quickly (like CG Jetseal & Werkstat AJT), or does it need to wait for 24 hours between layers?

ProStreetCamaro
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Sounds an intersting product.

Can you layer it quickly (like CG Jetseal & Werkstat AJT), or does it need to wait for 24 hours between layers?

To be honest im not sure how long one should wait between layers.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
04-21-2010, 06:32 AM
Just got to try power lock on my black 07 Yukon.

1. Goes on super easy and comes off even easier

2. Dries quickly

3. Leaves a nice finish that looks like a cross between a sealant and a nuba wax. Hard to explain but it looks really nice on black

4. Leaves a ton of dust when removing

5. This stuff leaves a super slick finish

6. Durability yet to be determined

So far it seems like a keeper :2thumbs:

1. Agreed

2 no quicker than most sealants

3. Agreed on the nice shine part, not really in agreement with the nuba part

4. Strongly disagree... you must have used a ton of product.... Virtually no dust for me

5. AGREED!

AudiOn19s
04-21-2010, 08:22 AM
4) I`m inbetween here. I didn`t use a ton of product and I didn`t get a ton of dusting, but the dusting was weird in that it was difficult to remove from the surface. Like it moved around a bit and what was present settled in the area where I stopped wiping and didn`t come off the surface as easily as expected.

...wasn`t a huge deal to go back later and hit it with a quick mist of QD to resolve the issue.

THERUSE
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Does it make a mess on trim? Does it protect trim?

ProStreetCamaro
04-21-2010, 05:03 PM
4. Strongly disagree... you must have used a ton of product.... Virtually no dust for me

I don`t think i used to much. One small swirl on the pad would cover 2 large panels. Maybe next time I will try to stretch it even further and see what happens. What got me was the dust from it didn`t want to lift off the paint. It would just move around when I tried to wipe it off.

The slickness is what really got me. The door slipped out of my fingers when i went to open it. Feels like somebody smeared butter on the paint (my best way of putting it)

Also just rained on it today. Produced nice small tight beads on the hood.

ProStreetCamaro
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Does it make a mess on trim? Does it protect trim?

I didn`t notice any trim staining. As for protecting trim I couldn`t tell ya.

Shane731
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the thread. I just picked up some of this from Auto Geek, and am looking forward to trying it. :bounce

Rickrack
04-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I find that it is best to remove it after about 5 to 10 minutes so there is no dusting issues. Even if it is applied super thin, if you wait too long, it will leave a very fine dust that can be a pain to remove. I usually spritz a little distilled water on my microfiber when removing Power Lock, which helps collect some of the dust. I usually just apply it to a few panels, let it cure for a few minutes and remove. It doesn`t take long at all to do an entire car. Definitely one of the easiest sealants to apply and remove...

ProStreetCamaro
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I find that it is best to remove it after about 5 to 10 minutes so there is no dusting issues. Even if it is applied super thin, if you wait too long, it will leave a very fine dust that can be a pain to remove. I usually spritz a little distilled water on my microfiber when removing Power Lock, which helps collect some of the dust. I usually just apply it to a few panels, let it cure for a few minutes and remove. It doesn`t take long at all to do an entire car. Definitely one of the easiest sealants to apply and remove...

I will have to try that. I did the entire yukon then went back to where I started and wiped it all off. The water spritz sounds like an excellent idea also!

PointyStick
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM

I contacted MenzernaUSA regarding this, there reply was;

Under normal weather conditions of temperature and humidity, it is best to wait at least 3 hours before applying the second layer of APO88. Do not wash the car for at least 24 hours after the final coat of sealant.