PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Questions

Pages : [1] 2

2007TBSS
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I`m sure this has been hashed out before, but I have studied for a few days and still not sure I understand this. I apologize if this is the 10th time this thread has been started.

I have a 2007 black TBSS.(Hence the username) Clear is to be corrected Monday by professional, so basically I will only be tasked with washing/maintenance. I have learned a lot and I am stoked about really learning how to take care of my car and really make it pop. I have been buying things here and there as money allows, while trying to stay in the good graces of my 7 month pregnant wife.

So anyways, I have read a lot and I think I have settled on Zaino products, mostly due to their durability, good tesimonials, and the results I have seen.

I`m a little confused so this is what I think I need to do, please feel free to point out where I`m wrong. I wanna get it straight before I drop the coin.

The ZFX ony used between layers of POLISH (I.E. Z-AIO), but the Z-5 PRO and the CS and the Z-8 Grand Finale can be layered without the flash cure?

What I am thinking I need to do is the 2(?) layers Z-AIO WITH the ZFX mixed in per instructions, then Z-5 PRO (sans ZFX), then Z-CS (sans ZFX), then Z-8 GF (sans ZFX) all in one day, IF I use the ZFX with the Z-AIO ONLY?

THEN, I can use the Z-8 GF as a quick detailer in between washes?

Thanks in advance and I`ll take any other helpful hints and tip you got as well.

Furd
04-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, there are about 100 threads on this, and zaino`s website walks you through it.

You`re going to, after properly washing and claying, if not polishing, use the Z-AIO first - once (no ZFX). Then you can layer Z-5 and/or Z-2 using the ZFX. You could use a Z-6 wipe down between layers. Z-8 is the finishing step.

Z-6 is a gloss enhancer. I wouldn`t use it to remove dirt, dust etc, like you might with a QD. Z-8 is a last step sealant, not a QD.

Some people like Z-CS, some don`t.

shaunls1
04-14-2010, 10:20 AM
ok first you dont need zfx with the z-aio you can put the z5 or z2 right over the aio with out the zfx in the z2 or z5.

the zfx is a cureing agent so you can later up to 3 layers of z2 or z5 within a 24hr period.

when i would do my 98 camaro show/fun car i would fill one of those bottles a little less than half and *** about 4-5 drops of the zfx dont fill then bottles all the way be cause a little goes a long way and you will end up throwing half of it away.

with the amount i just said i would get a full 3 coats on my camaro(yes i know you truck is biger so the amout i said should be perfect).

as for the cs i can never get it to not streak and i have tryed every method so i really dont use it much its suposed to be a wipe and walk away but i always have to wipe the car down after a few hours i have even let it on my car for 2 days siting in my garage and there was still resedue so it up to you if you want to get it.

the z8 is a bling produck like if you was going to a show and wanted that extra little pop to the pant but it really dont have much if any protection.

i would just skip the cs.

imported_agentf1
04-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I agree with Furd withe the exception of the QD comment. Z6 and Z8 are like a QD and can be used for very "light" cleaning or dust similar to a QD.

I personally do not like using Z6, Z8 or any QD for removal of anything other than light dust or dirt. I will use Z6 after the car is washed to make the finish slick before I apply Z2p or Z5p. Z6 will remove and light dirt or smears that a wash does not remove and makes Z2p go on much easier and thinner since the surface will be nice and slick after its use. It will also enhance your gloss like Furd mentioned. JMHO

imported_agentf1
04-14-2010, 10:23 AM
ok first you dont need zfx with the z-aio you can put the z5 or z2 right over the aio with out the zfx in the z2 or z5.

the zfx is a cureing agent so you can later up to 3 layers of z2 or z5 within a 24hr period.

when i would do my 98 camaro show/fun car i would fill one of those bottles a little less than half and *** about 4-5 drops of the zfx dont fill then bottles all the way be cause a little goes a long way and you will end up throwing half of it away.

with the amount i just said i would get a full 3 coats on my camaro(yes i know you truck is biger so the amout i said should be perfect).

as for the cs i can never get it to not streak and i have tryed every method so i really dont use it much its suposed to be a wipe and walk away but i always have to wipe the car down after a few hours i have even let it on my car for 2 days siting in my garage and there was still resedue so it up to you if you want to get it.

the z8 is a bling produck like if you was going to a show and wanted that extra little pop to the pant but it really dont have much if any protection.

i would just skip the cs.

If I get any light streaks with CS I just go over it with Z8 and it will leave a streak free deep and wet looking finish. I think the CS/Z8 adds another dimension of depth and wetness especially on dark colors.

Scottwax
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Don`t make it complicated. ZAIO to prep the paint, 1 layer of Z5 (looks better on dark colors) and Z8. Then every few washes, use Z5 or Z8 to freshen it up.

wannafbody
04-14-2010, 03:34 PM
ZAIO has abrasive so only do one coat. Another coat of ZAIO will remove the previous coat. Use ZFX with your first coat of Z5pro for maximum bonding and crosslinking. Z8 as a topper-do not use ZFX with Z8. 3 coats max of Zaino per day. Using too many layers of Zaino is wasting product. After your first 2 to 3 layers simply use Z8 for a gloss boost.

2007TBSS
04-14-2010, 06:35 PM
ok first you dont need zfx with the z-aio you can put the z5 or z2 right over the aio with out the zfx in the z2 or z5..

So I can apply a light coat of AIO, let it haze, then start applying the Z5 without first removing the AIO?

2007TBSS
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Don`t make it complicated. ZAIO to prep the paint, 1 layer of Z5 (looks better on dark colors) and Z8. Then every few washes, use Z5 or Z8 to freshen it up.

Can I put the Z8 right on after the Z5 without the ZFX? Is the ZFX only for multiple layers of the same product? (I.E. Z5)

Scottwax
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Can I put the Z8 right on after the Z5 without the ZFX? Is the ZFX only for multiple layers of the same product? (I.E. Z5)

Correct. I`ve used Zaino with and without ZFX and I can`t tell a difference. You can use Z8 after you`ve removed Z5. Then add one or the other every few washes until you need to polish again. Keep your LSP regiment as simple as possible, put the extra time into claying and polishing.

nushine31223
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
I have been an avid zaino user for ever. and lets say I have learned my mistakes the hard way first.

After regular wash I degrease the paint, dry, and 50/50 Ipa wipedown.

Then ..........

Z-aio/ pc7524xp/ black pad/ WOWO

Z-2/ with ZFX

another coat

Z-2/ ZFX

If I were you this is where the CS goes

Z8 grand finale

This is the way I have been doing this forever. The thing with zaino is that your paint has to be completly free of EVERYTHING!!! Extremely important to deggrease and IPA. (ensures durability). In the past when I havent Degreased or IPAed The Zaino only lasts like 2-3 mo as opposed to 9-12mo.

Hope this helps...

Nick- Nu-Shine Auto detail Spa.

wannafbody
04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
So I can apply a light coat of AIO, let it haze, then start applying the Z5 without first removing the AIO?

No, remove the haze.

nosbusa1700
04-14-2010, 10:46 PM
I`ve used Z-AIO with and without Z-2, and Z-5. The Z-2 and Z-5 maybe added a little to the paint, but it wasn`t anything earth shattering. Of course I didn`t apply a bunch of coats either. LOL

Now if I use Zaino, I`ll use Z-AIO along with Z-6, and Z-8.

I mean you can use Z-2 and Z-5, but I`ve found that Z-AIO gives me a great look without having to add anything else to the paint. Plus I`ve found that Z-2, and Z-5 can be temperamental in high humidity.

LQ9SS
04-17-2010, 06:28 PM

I agree, people tend to over complicate the steps when applying Zaino.

Here`s the steps I take on my first detailing escapade for the summer.

1. Wash with dawn

2. Claybar

3. Polish: M105/M205- orange/white pad via the Flex

4. Quick detail with Z6

5. One coat of Z5

6. One coat of Z8

Now, instead of using the ZFX and doing muliple coats in one day. I will just add a coat of Z5 for the next 2 times I wash my truck. I then maintain the shine with Z8, which will get me through the summer months. Also, if I am feeling energetic, I will throw on a quick coat of Z5 once or twice a month.

I will receive compliments on the finish of my truck up until the snow falls.

2007TBSS
04-19-2010, 08:03 AM
I agree, people tend to over complicate the steps when applying Zaino.

Here`s the steps I take on my first detailing escapade for the summer.

1. Wash with dawn

2. Claybar

3. Polish: M105/M205- orange/white pad via the Flex

4. Quick detail with Z6

5. One coat of Z5

6. One coat of Z8

Now, instead of using the ZFX and doing muliple coats in one day. I will just add a coat of Z5 for the next 2 times I wash my truck. I then maintain the shine with Z8, which will get me through the summer months. Also, if I am feeling energetic, I will throw on a quick coat of Z5 once or twice a month.

I will receive compliments on the finish of my truck up until the snow falls.

I chickened out and it`s being professionally polished today. So do I need to use the AIO at all?