PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym HD wax

Pages : [1] 2

Barry Theal
04-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I bought this and unlike most I hate it. I used it once on a car then gave it another shot on a hood today. Its just not to my liking s anyone want to make a trade?

Tony1
04-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I bought this and unlike most I hate it. I used it once on a car then gave it another shot on a hood today. Its just not to my liking s anyone want to make a trade?

What didn`t you like? I`m interested in hearing what your issues were. Most people sound like they want to make love to the stuff. I just blow this off as product of the month BS and can`t take what I read seriously.

Pats300zx
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the "Hype of the Month Club". Nobody seemed really interested in this wax until they started selling it at Walmart.

What didn`t you like about it Barry?

lasthope05
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I wouldnt really call this product "Hype of the month." People in the UK, who`ve had access to this wax for for years, love it. Nobody sold the AG line up in the US until the beginning of this year.

I do want to know what you didnt like about it though Barry.

dogma
04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I bought some from Walmart ,couldn`t resist. I actually think its a great wax harder on than off and a great amount of gloss . When using it actually reminded me of SN . applicator pads and mf are pretty good. I don`t think its a flavor of the month,its a very very good product. next time I use i am going to buff off with OCW and see what that adds.

Junebug
04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Proper Auto Care sold it, it just didn`t get a lot of time on Autopia til it was discovered for sale at Wal Mart. I, like most, probably have more than enough of waxes in the 50-80 dollar price range and just passed on this one. Then when it`s 35 bucks and right at Wally - hell yeah, I jumped on it. I love it and it`s not a flavor of the month IMHO.

Barry - got some Dodo Waxes if you want to trade. PM me.

wannafbody
04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
I wouldnt really call this product "Hype of the month." People in the UK, who`ve had access to this wax for for years, love it. Nobody sold the AG line up in the US until the beginning of this year.

I do want to know what you didnt like about it though Barry.

And people in the UK probably like their dentists as well but look at their teeth:grrr:nervous2:

CHEVYMAN
04-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the "Hype of the Month Club". Nobody seemed really interested in this wax until they started selling it at Walmart.

What didn`t you like about it Barry?

People are interested in it , but when walmart sells it for that price and you don`t have to go to a specialty store for it of course it becomes hype what wouldn`t:woot:

ALAN81
04-12-2010, 06:32 AM
I bought this was about 9 months ago directly from Autoglym and I can only say that I really love the wax. I used it on several cars of different colors with no problem. different stroks Im sure there were waxes that people loved that I hated. Does Autoglym come off as Souvern or Fuzion no but it still comes off easy.

Macko
04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
And people in the UK probably like their dentists as well but look at their teeth:grrr:nervous2:

To be fair we are not so shallow as to judge a person by how unaturally White their teeth are. Can I ask how many times you`ve been to the UK?

In response to Lasthope05, AG is very popular in the UK for 2 main reasons. For many, many years it was pretty much the only detailing range available & they counted Rolls Royce & Aston Martin amongst their endorsers.

craigdt
04-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Barry, what wax would you say, in your experience, is it the most similar to?

AUdakota
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
I too bought some at WalMart and it is OK. I dont think its any better than say Natty Blue or DP max wax but it does have pretty gloss just little depth in my opinion.

Dan
04-13-2010, 08:28 AM
It came from Wal-mart, if it didn`t meet your expectations, take it back!

Alfisti
04-13-2010, 10:49 AM
I`m glad WalMart stocking it has caused interest in it. The reason is irrelevant. As long as the wax stands up to scrutiny. I asked about HD on Autopia several months ago with little response. I then bought it from the UK.

All I can say is this should go on to be as popular and enduring as Souveran and P21S/S100. Neither of those can be classified as `flavour of the month`. Whether it will is another matter. But if you like P21S and P21S 100%, you`ll love this and has much better durability.

D Tailor
04-13-2010, 11:08 AM
I held it in my hands at Pep Boys this past weekend knowing I had a Jag this week. But then I put it back on the shelf and planned on going with P21S which I already had. Maybe I`ll pick it up again next time I`m in the store.